Nate Klein represents operating companies, venture capital funds, investment banks, private equity firms and individuals in a variety of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings and other financing transactions. His experience spans a range of industries, including automotive, consulting, consumer brands, financial services, food and beverage, insurance, life sciences and technology.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Klein was an attorney in the San Francisco office of an international law firm.
- Frank Family Vineyards, a privately-owned Napa Valley winery, in its sale to Treasury Wine Estates.
- Heitz Wine Cellars, a family-owned Napa Valley winery, in its sale to Gaylon Lawrence Jr.
- Cain Brothers & Company, Inc. in the sale of its investment banking subsidiary, Cain Brothers & Company, LLC, to KeyBanc Capital Markets.
- Global pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a clinical-stage, venture-funded drug company.
- Financial services company in its acquisition of several regional investment banks.
- Portfolio company of a private equity buyer in its acquisition of dental practice assets.
- California-based producer of organic agricultural products in its sale to a US-based global distributor of fresh cut fruits and vegetables.
- International consulting firm in its acquisition of a private company specializing in Salesforce marketing solutions.
- Global pharmaceutical company in various venture investments.
- Medical device company in its Series B financing.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Northern California Rising Star – Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2020
- Taking the Long-Term View: Reconciling Stakeholder Capitalism with Stockholder Primacy - Corporate Counsel (September 2020)
- American Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California, Honorable Marilyn L. Huff
- University of Oregon, B.S.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., cum laude