John D. LaRocca
Partner Philadelphia Corporate
- Graham Partners in its acquisitions and sales of several portfolio companies, including Infiltrator Systems, Atlas/Vitron, Transaxle, Schneller, Strata Products, Strata Proximity, Innovative XCessories, GFX Ltd, HemaSource, Acme Cryo, Medbio, Damping Technologies and Teamvantage.
- EisnerAmper in connection with an alternative practice structure reorganization and Investment by TowerBrook Capital Partners in Eisner Advisory Group.
- Graham Partners Growth Fund in connection with several investments.
- Graham Capital in its sale of the Graham Architectural Products business.
- Graham Partners in the US$2.25 billion acquisition (along with Apollo Management, L.P.) of BPC Holding Corporation (parent of Berry Plastics Corporation).
- A family office in connection with its investment in Philadelphia Union MLS franchise.
- Gerber Technology in its sale to American Industrial Partners.
- Norma Group, a German-based portfolio company of 3i Group plc, in various transactions, including its acquisition of Breeze International Products Corporation from Wind Point Partners.
- FMC Corporation in its acquisition of Elf Atochem’s soda ash business.
- Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners, L.P. in its US$340 million sale of Great Lakes Dredge and Dock to Madison Dearborn Partners LLC.
- Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners, L.P. in its sale of Airxcel to Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. LLC.
- Strategic Industries in the sale of GST Autoleather to funds serviced by Advantage Partners, LLP, an Asia-based private equity firm.
- TL Ventures in the sale of its equity interest in Traffic.com.
- FastenTech, Inc. in its US$492 million sale to UK-based Doncasters as well as in numerous acquisitions, including Gear & Broach, Inc., Acraline Products Inc., Meco, Inc., Triumph Group, Inc.’s special processes business, Katsakos Industries Inc., Spun Metals, Inc., and BNC & Associates, Inc.
- TouchPoint, Inc. in its acquisition of Healthcare Technology carve-out business from InterMetro Industries Corporation.
- Church & Dwight in several acquisitions, including its US$380 million acquisition of the Del Pharmaceuticals division from Coty Inc., its acquisition of the SpinBrush toothbrush business from Procter & Gamble and its US$325 million acquisition of Orange Glo International.
- Northern Brewer in its sale by Entrepreneur Partners to affiliates of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Joshua Partners in its acquisition of Medicia Corp, a contract manufacturer and service provider to the pharmaceutical and personal care products sectors.
- AmerisourceBergen in its acquisition of US Bioservices.
- Citigroup Venture Capital in its US$660 million acquisition of U.S. Industries’ Diversified Businesses.
- American Water Works in its acquisition of National Enterprises.
- Shareholders Agreement for Succession Planning, 26th Annual Estate Law Institute Conference — Philadelphia, PA (November 7, 2019)
- The Art of the Deal — Finding What Works, Duke Fuqua 2019 Inaugural Southeast Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition Conference — Durham, NC (September 7, 2019)
- Going to the Big Dance — Putting Your Best Foot Forward: The First Steps in Significant Corporate Transactions, Association of Corporate Counsel (DELVACCA) Conference — Philadelphia, PA (March 20, 2013)
- Strategies for Moving Away From the Bid Process in Buyouts, The Private Equity Fund Forum on Legal Structuring, Structuring Innovations, & Fund-Raising Success Conference — San Francisco, CA (June 23, 2005)
- +1 215 994 2778
+1 215 994 2222
PhiladelphiaCira Centre, 2929 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA, United States of America 19104-2808
- +1 215 994 2778
+1 215 994 2222
- Drexel University, B.S., 1985
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1990, magna cum laude, business editor of the Temple Law Review
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania