Luke Lau focuses his practice on corporate matters, with particular emphasis on corporate finance transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings. Mr. Lau also has experience on listed company compliance and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lau worked at another international law firm.
Mergers & Aquisitions and Private Equity
- An individual on his US$12.5 million acquisition of a Cayman Islands company held by a global private equity firm.
- An individual on his HK$370 million disposal of his entire equity interest in the target company to a Hong Kong listed company.
- A PRC computer chip company on its RMB215 million acquisition of a Hong Kong private company.
Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- China Financial Services Holdings Limited on the successful resumption of trading of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- A major corporate company as the sole sponsor on the proposed initial public offering and listing of ENL Group Holdings Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- A Cayman Islands company on its proposed initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- A GEM Board-listed company on its proposed transfer of listing to the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- A property developer in the PRC, on its issue of US$300 million 7.0% guaranteed senior notes.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- University of Warwick, B.A., Law, 2018, Upper Second-Class Honors
- City University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate, 2019
- Hong Kong