Tricia Lee focuses her practice on the formation, structuring, and operation of private funds, and has represented private equity, real estate, credit, distressed, and other types of private funds. She regularly represents the so-called “mega funds” (vehicles raising pooled capital of US$5 billion or more), and her experience encompasses a full range of established sponsors as well as first-time fund launches. She also advises clients in connection with placement agent agreements, separately managed accounts, co-investments, and a host of other transactions, as well as counseling clients on general corporate matters, including transactional and governance issues. She has extensive experience negotiating, structuring and closing a wide variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
Ms. Lee has been recognized in Chambers USA as a leading lawyer for private equity fund formation. In the most recent edition, clients noted that “Tricia is easy to work with and quick to answer questions.” “She is very conscientious, hard-working and thorough.” “She is a true business partner who seeks to understand her clients' objectives and helps them to achieve them.” In a past edition, a client stated that “She's extremely responsive, very thorough, detail-orientated and an excellent drafter. She is an outstanding attorney. She has experience, not only in fund formation but in M&A.” She has also been recognized in The Legal 500 (U.S.), in the area of private equity funds.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Lee was a partner at another international law firm.
- Putting the “Fun” in Fund Formation – 2021 Permanent & Private Capital Summit, Virtual Conference (June 2-3, 2021)
- U.S. Private Funds - Liquidity Considerations – Dechert LLP, COVID-19 Coronavirus Business Impact Webinar (April 14, 2020)
- Key Considerations for New Private Equity, Real Estate and Venture Capital Fund Managers – Seattle, WA (November 20, 2019)
- Key Launch Considerations for New Private Equity, Real Estate and Venture Managers – Dallas, TX (October 29, 2018)
- Arcadia University, B.A., 1997, summa cum laude
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2000, summa cum laude, Case note/comment editor, Texas Tech Law Review, Order of the Coif