Peter McGinley is an associate in Dechert’s Trials, Investigations, and Securities group. Mr. McGinley focuses his practice on investigations and the defense of publicly traded companies, and their officers and directors, in securities litigation, derivative litigation, and other complex commercial litigation. Mr. McGinley has experience representing individuals and corporations in state and federal court through all stages of litigation, from critical motions to appeals.
Mr. McGinley maintains an active pro bono practice. His current work includes representing a family seeking asylum in the United States.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. McGinley served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas M. Hardiman on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Honorable Gerald J. Pappert on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Federal Court Rejects DOJ’s Novel and Extraterritorial Effort To Extend FCPA Jurisdiction to Foreign Agents - (December 03, 2021)
- “Hashing” It Out: Federal Jury Decides Some Cryptocurrency Products are not Securities - (November 18, 2021)
- I Walk the Line: Feds Vow to Aggressively Pursue Lenders Engaging in “Redlining” - (November 04, 2021)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Honorable Thomas M. Hardiman
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Honorable Gerald J. Pappert
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Political Science, 2015, cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2019, cum laude, Georgetown Law Journal – Articles Editor
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit