Allie Ozurovich is an associate in the firm’s product liability and mass torts practice group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis on representing major consumer products manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies in federal multidistrict litigation and coordinated state court proceedings involving claims of personal injury, wrongful death, and consumer fraud.
Over her career, Ms. Ozurovich has handled all aspects of litigation, including fact and expert discovery and case workup, motions practice, trial, and appeals. She has significant experience developing expert witnesses and preparing company witnesses for deposition and trial. She has also successfully briefed and argued motions in both state and federal court, including dispositive motions, Daubert and Sargon motions, and motions in limine. At trial, Ms. Ozurovich has played an integral role in drafting opening statements, closing arguments, and witness outlines for direct and cross-examination, as well as preparing expert and company witnesses for examination. Ms. Ozurovich has worked on numerous successful trial teams resulting in defense verdicts and recognized by legal publications as the “Top Verdicts” in 2018 and 2019 (Daily Journal), the “Top Product Liability cases of 2018” (Law360), and the “Top 10 Most Impressive Defense Verdicts” in 2019 (Courtroom View Network).
Ms. Ozurovich maintains an active pro bono practice, including representation of respondents in removal proceedings in Immigration Court and argument before the Ninth Circuit for violations of Section 1983. Ms. Ozurovich also successfully argued and obtained a writ of mandamus on behalf of recipients of Medi-Cal services in Los Angeles County.
Ms. Ozurovich is also a member of Dechert’s LGBTQ+ Affinity Group.
Ms. Ozurovich is a regular contributor to the product liability and mass torts group’s newsletter, Dechert Re:Torts.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Ozurovich was an associate at another international law firm.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- A multinational company as California counsel in mass personal injury litigation which alleged that a product was contaminated with asbestos. Dechert has secured multiple defense verdicts and also serves as appellate counsel for one of the company’s subsidiaries in Philadelphia cases alleging personal injury from use of antipsychotic medication. Past successes include securing remittitur of an $8 billion jury verdict to $6.8 million.
- A manufacturing company in product liability litigation involving allegations that a product sold to the military is related to hearing loss suffered by servicemen and women. Secured complete defense verdict in MDL bellwether trial.
- A medical device manufacturer in a product liability litigation involving allegations that its device was defective.
- A hedge fund accused of insider trading arising out of a US$50 billion tender offer for a major pharmaceutical company.
- A payment processing services provider in breach of contract litigation with a former client.
- A security software company in a dispute arising from a licensing agreement.
- A major pharmaceutical company in California consolidated litigation involving the claim that an H2 receptor antagonist caused patients to develop cancer.
- Safety-ism and Conspiracies Are Affecting Juries — DRI (Summer 2023)
- Autonomous vehicles: the new frontier in products liability automotive litigation — Daily Journal (May 25, 2023)
- Drafting and Exchanging Exhibit Lists for a Federal Civil Trial — Thomson Reuters (Summer 2022)
- Presenting and Handling Exhibits in a Civil Trial — Thomson Reuters (December 2021/January 2022)
- New York’s Green Amendment: How Guidance from Other States Can Shape the Development of New York’s Newest Constitutional Right — The Real Estate Finance Journal (2022)
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., Business Law, 2016, Order of the Coif