Retired Partner Philadelphia New York Corporate
- Buckeye Technologies Inc. in its US$1.5 billion sale to Georgia-Pacific LLC.
- Intersil Corporation in numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including its: US$1.4 billion acquisition of Elantec Semiconductor, Inc., the largest technology transaction of the first quarter of 2002; US$529 million acquisition of Xicor, Inc.; US$365 million sale of Wireless Networking Products Group to GlobespanVirata, Inc.; US$338 million sale of its discrete power business assets to Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation; and acquisitions of Sicom, Inc., Zilker Labs, Inc., D2Audio Corp, and No Wires Needed.
- Court Square Capital Partners and Weston Presidio in their US$1.3 billion acquisition of publicly-traded MacDermid Incorporated, a specialty chemical company.
- Church & Dwight in its US$380 million acquisition of the Del Pharmaceuticals division from Coty Inc.; its US$325 million acquisition of Orange Glo International, a household cleaner products company and maker of OxiClean®; and its acquisition of the SpinBrush toothbrush business from Procter & Gamble.
- The management team of Getty Images, Inc. in the US$2.4 billion acquisition of Getty Images by an affiliate of private equity firm Hellman & Friedman LLC and Getty Images Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Klein.
- Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners, L.P. and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in their US$1.1 billion acquisition of Worldspan, L.P. (owned by Delta Air Lines, Inc., Northwest Airlines Corp. and American Airlines parent AMR Corp.) and their US$1.4 billion sale of Worldspan, L.P. to Travelport Ltd.
- Swiss Reinsurance Company in its disposition of its Global Asset Protection Services division to XL Insurance.
- AmeriSource Health Corp. in its US$3.7 billion merger of equals transaction with Bergen Brunswig Corp. to form AmerisourceBergen Corp.
- Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners, L.P. in its US$822 million acquisition of the non-memory business (now known as MagnaChip Semiconductor) of South Korean chip manufacturer Hynix Semiconductor Inc. Also represented MagnaChip Semiconductor in its subsequent US$750 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering, which was the largest high yield bond offering in the United States for a Korean-headquartered company and among the top four priced bond deals in the technology sector in the past three years at the time of issuance.
- Preferred Unlimited, Inc. in its US$337 million acquisition, along with Golden Gate Capital, of U.S. Silica from Harbinger Capital.
- Numerous private equity sponsors or Special Committees in “going private” transactions involving Delco Remy International, Inc., Sybron Chemicals, Cort Business Services, DavCo Restaurants Inc., and Insignia Financial Services.
- Middle Market: Identifying and Creating Sustainable Competitive Advantages — Wharton Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference 2011, Philadelphia, PA (February 4, 2011)
- Risk Management: The Critical Role Lawyers Can Play — Presented by ACC GNY with sponsorship by Dechert, New York, NY (June 17, 2010)
- 2010 Wharton Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference — Presented by the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School with Sponsorship by Dechert, Philadelphia, PA (February 5, 2010)
- Middle Market Private Equity: Positioning for Growth in a Downturn — Wharton Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference, Philadelphia, PA (February 5, 2010)
- Moderating Panel: Finding Gems Under Rocks - How to Drive Value Going Forward in Middle Markets — Wharton Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference, Philadelphia, PA (January 23, 2009)
- Wharton Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference — Presented by the Wharton School of Business with Sponsorship by Dechert, Philadelphia, PA (January 23, 2009)
- Auction Strategies: Maximizing Value for Sellers and Buyers in M&A Transactions — Private Equity Roundup, New York, NY (July 13, 2003)
- KPMG Audit Committee Roundtable — KPMG, Conshohoken, PA (May 15, 2003)
- Board of Advisors, The Penn Wharton Institute for Law and Economics
- Advisory Council, The University of Notre Dame College of Arts and Letters
- +1 215 994 2762
+1 215 994 2222
PhiladelphiaCira Centre, 2929 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA, United States of America 19104-2808
- +1 215 994 2762
+1 215 994 2222
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3846
+1 212 698 3599
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1973, summa cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1976, Order of the Coif, member of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, recipient of the McCall Prize for graduating first in his class
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania