- Saint-Gobain Corporation in an action by 247 UK residents and their estates who seek damages as a result of the 2017 fire at Grenfell Tower, a high-rise apartment building in London. In March 2020, Saint-Gobain secured an order of dismissal due to its lack of involvement in the fire or products at issue.
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics as national and trial counsel in a high-profile environmental toxic tort litigation. Currently defending individual and class action complaints involving medical monitoring and property damages claims in New York, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- Pfizer as national coordinating and trial counsel in numerous large product liability and consumer fraud litigations, including most recently, separate MDLs involving antidepressant and cholesterol-lowering medications in which our lawyers secured MDL-wide summary judgment based on successful Daubert motions. In both cases, the Daubert and summary judgment rulings were affirmed on appeal and resulted in the complete dismissal of all of the lawsuits within these MDLs.
- GlaxoSmithKline as lead national counsel to in an ongoing MDL in the Southern District of Florida and state courts concerning Zantac, an antacid medication, and alleged carcinogenicity.
- Endo International and subsidiaries in secured complete dismissal of more than 2,000 products liability and personal injury claims in an MDL alleging cardiac injuries and death from prescription medications containing propoxyphene. Ms. Passaretti-Wu held a seat on the Defendants’ Steering Committee in connection with that litigation.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology company as U.S. national counsel regarding any product liability issues relating to its COVID-19 vaccine.
- Amgen in a significant victory when a federal district court dismissed with prejudice an entire MDL on a motion to dismiss. Plaintiffs were third-party payors who sought to recover payments for alleged improper off-label prescriptions of anemia medications. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed.
- Science Days in Mass Torts Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership
- Conference In-House Defense Quarterly (Summer 2019)
- Drug Cos. May Find Real-World Evidence Cuts Both Ways — Law360 (April 15, 2020)
- Litigation Department of the Year, Products Liability/Mass Torts: Dechert — New York Law Journal (October 22, 2020)
- Veil-Piercing Defense Lessons From Kumho Tire Case — Law360 (October 28, 2020)
- New York’s Green Amendment: How Guidance from Other States Can Shape the Development of New York’s Newest Constitutional Right — The Real Estate Finance Journal (2022)
- Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership Conference — New York, NY (May 12, 2022)
- New York City Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee – Affiliate Member
- New York City Bar Association, Product Liability Committee
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1998, summa cum laude
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit