Ricci John Potts
Associate London Litigation
- Acting for various Lebanese Banks in defending claims by customers as a result of the Lebanese banking crisis.
- Advising fund manager, Tyndaris, in a High Court dispute with an investor regarding the operation of trading platforms driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning. Featured as one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases for 2020.
- Acting for Shakoor Capital Limited in English High Court proceedings relating to the proper interpretation of complex finance documents used across the capital markets. Shakoor Capital are holders of Loan Participation Notes indirectly issued by PrivatBank through an SPV and purportedly “bailed-in”.
- Advising Franklin Templeton in their challenge to an application by the International Bank of Azerbaijan for the recognition of a debt restructuring completed under Azeri law. This includes proceedings in the English High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Advising Madison Pacific in its role as Note Trustee in two interlinked sets of LCIA arbitration proceedings to enforce the terms of certain Loan Participation Notes issues by PrivatBank, the major Ukrainian commercial bank.
- Advising an affiliate of Contrarian Capital in challenging a scheme of arrangement before the English Court proposed by Indah Kiat International Finance Company BV, part of the Asia Pulp & Paper Group.
- Advising Ford Motor Company in the successful settlement of over a thousand pension claims brought by former employees following the insolvency of Visteon.
- Advising Bank of New York Mellon in its role as a security trustee on several multi-million pound enforcement actions against Indian bond issuers, including Wockhardt Limited.
- Advising a Ukrainian billionaire on arbitration proceedings against his former business partners.
- Advising US Bank Trustees in its role as security trustee for a number of series of Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities.
- Advising JSC BTA Bank on its fraud claims against the Bank's former chairman, Mukhtar Ablyazov.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Oxford, M.A. in Law
- Solicitor, England and Wales