Emmet Quish advises clients on a wide range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters, representing asset managers, investment funds, management companies and their service providers. Mr. Quish focuses his practice on the structuring and establishment of all types of investment funds, including alternative funds and UCITS, as well as related ongoing compliance work. His experience also includes counseling on the establishment and operation of UCITS management companies and alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs).
Mr. Quish has prepared a variety regulatory submissions to the Central Bank of Ireland, as well as authoring pieces for various international financial services publications on Irish fund structures. He has spent a number of years as a member of the Irish Funds Legal and Regulatory Committee Working Group. Prior to joining Dechert, he was a partner at a global law firm headquartered in Dublin.
- A large UK asset manager on the reorganization, rebranding and consolidation of its large UCITS fund range, including UCITS mergers.
- An Italian environmental sustainability private equity firm on the establishment of its suite of Irish alternative and UCITS ESG funds under the European ESG framework.
- A Jersey-based promoter on establishing a UCITS umbrella platform and its pan European distribution
- A UK AIFM on its ongoing Irish legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- A large Luxembourg-based AIFM on the requirements for managing and marketing of Luxembourg and UK AIFs in Ireland.
- A UK asset manager on the redomiciliation of its Cayman fund range to Ireland.
- A large U.S. asset manager on the establishment and authorization of its UCITS fund range and on post-authorization legal, regulatory and compliance issues.
- A global asset manager on the establishment of an Irish management company with “MiFID” permissions for the management of Irish and non-Irish AIFs and UCITS.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University College Cork, BCL (Hons), 2003
- University College Cork, LL.M. (Hons), 2004
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Applied Finance Law, 2007