Benjamin E. Rosenberg
Partner and General Counsel New York Litigation
- Representation of People in challenge to certain search warrants seeking electronically-stored information (In re Search Warrants Directed to Facebook, Inc. Dated July 23, 2013, 132 A.D. 3d 11 (1st Dep’t 2015)).
- Representation of defendant in habeas corpus action challenging constitutionality of Virginia anti-sodomy statute (MacDonald v. Moose, 710 F.3d 154 (4th Cir. 2013)).
- Representation of creditors in bankruptcy court in connection with the highly contested restructuring of approximately US$1.6 billion in defaulted senior notes. (Ad Hoc Group of Vitro Noteholders v. Vitro, 701 F.3d 1031 (5th Cir. 2012)).
- Representation of the State of New York in an action challenging the constitutionality of the state’s lis pendens statute (Diaz v. Patterson, 547 F.3d 88 (2d Cir. 2008)).
- Representation of Jon Corzine in connection with congressional, civil and administrative proceedings arising out of the bankruptcy of MF Global (2012-13).
- Representation of Axis Insurance Corporation and several of its top-ranking executives in a securities class action brought against it in federal district court for the Southern District of New York. (In re Axis Capital Holdings, Ltd., Litig., 456 F. Supp. 2d 576 (S.D.N.Y. 2006)).
- Representation of a Chief Financial Officer of a major food distributor in a criminal securities fraud investigation out of the Southern District of New York, as well as a parallel SEC investigation and a class action lawsuit.
- Representation of employees of New York City in an investigation by the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York into alleged wrongdoing in connection with waste management and sewage treatment and disposal.
- Representation of a Harvard professor in a case brought by the United States involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract and violations of the federal False Claims Act.
- CDLI: Electronic Information in Criminal Cases — Cardozo Data Law Initiative, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York (February 28, 2017)
- Policing and Accountability in the Digital Age, New York, NY (September 15, 2016)
- New York State Bar Association Committee on White Collar Criminal Litigation, New York, NY (May 17, 2016)
- New Models for Prosecutorial Responsibility, New York, NY (April 21, 2016)
- Fair Trial/Free Press: From Both Sides of the Bench, New York, NY (January 26, 2016)
- White Collar Crime 2015: Prosecutors and Regulators Speak, New York, NY (October 5, 2015)
- Criminal Discovery, New York, NY (September 19, 2015)
- Policing Technology in New York City: Privacy, Law and the Future, New York, NY (June 23, 2015)
- America's Prisons: Cruel and Unusual Punishment, New York, NY (October 14, 2014)
- White Collar Crime 2014: Prosecutors and Regulators Speak, New York, NY (September 24, 2014)
- ABA Criminal Justice Section: The Encryption Debate, New York, NY (June 3, 2013)
- Federated Press, Third Bribery and Foreign Corruption Course (December 1, 2010)
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (May 1, 2010)
- The UK Bribery Bill in the Context of Global Measures to Deter Corruption — British-American Business Council Conference 2010, London (April 27, 2010)
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (November 1, 2009)
- Privilege and Work Product in Internal Investigations and Corporate Fraud Actions — NYSBA Annual Meeting 2009, New York, NY (January 27, 2009)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Honorable Edward R. Becker
- +1 212 698 3622
+1 212 698 3599
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3622
+1 212 698 3599
- Harvard University, A.B., 1981, magna cum laude
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1985, magna cum laude, Editor and Treasurer of the Harvard Law Review
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York