Corey F. Rose has more than 15 years of experience advising investment funds (including mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and closed-end funds) and their independent directors, investment management companies, banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions on a wide variety of matters including ongoing corporate governance, regulatory compliance, public filings, shareholder meetings, contract negotiations, fund reorganizations, product development, and seeking exemptive, interpretive and no-action relief from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or its staff. In addition, he focuses on the intersection of banking and investment management activities and regulation.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Rose was a trial attorney in the Enforcement and Compliance Division of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in Washington, D.C.
- Navigating the Recent Wave of Section 36(b) Litigation: What Have We Learned? - The Investment Lawyer (February 2022)
- The Pain of the Name Game and Dead Reckoning: Where Are We and Where Are We Headed? — ICI 2022 Securities Law Developments Conference, Virtual (October 11 and 13, 2022)
- Challenges for Fund Boards in Light of COVID-19 — The Mutual Fund Directors Forum, Webinar (March 27, 2020)
- Accessing the US Market Using 1940 Act Funds — Dechert LLP, Webinar (July 14, 2017)
- Accessing the US Market Using 1940 Act Funds — Hong Kong (November 23, 2016)
- The Volcker Rule: Adjusting to a New Landscape — Regulatory Compliance Association, Webcast (June 12, 2014)
- Current Developments Affecting the Fund Industry — Dechert LLP, Orlando, FL (March 18, 2014)
- The Volcker Rule: Understanding the Practical Implications for Funds and Asset Managers — Dechert LLP, London, UK (March 11, 2014)
- Living with the Volcker Rule: Volcker Rule Impacts on Asian Asset Managers — Dechert LLP, Webinar (February 20, 2014)
- Delivering Your Investment Management Expertise — CFA North Carolina Society Program, Winston Salem & Raleigh, NC (May 13, 2009)
- University of South Carolina, B.A., 1999, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2002, with Honors, senior staff member of the Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina