Andrew R. Stahl is an associate in Dechert’s government enforcement and investigations group. He represents clients in white collar and government investigations, complex commercial disputes and related general litigation matters.
Mr. Stahl earned his Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School. During law school, he interned at the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey and for Hon. Robert W. Lehrburger in the Southern District of New York. He also worked with various organizations on climate change, immigration and human rights issues during that period. Mr. Stahl earned his Bachelor of Laws from University College London, where he studied English and European law.
In 2023, Mr. Stahl received The Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award and the New York Legal Assistance Group’s Hero of Service Award for his work on behalf of welfare recipients in New York City.
- Real estate ownership entities being sued for breach of contract in multi-million-dollar real estate disputes.
- Global biotechnology company in internal investigation relating to allegations of financial misstatements by senior executives.
- Voting rights litigation – Worked with Common Cause, Common Cause Georgia and the League of Women Voters to challenge a racially gerrymandered congressional redistricting map under the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
- Welfare benefits – Worked with The Legal Aid Society and the New York Legal Assistance Group to file a class action suit challenging the untimely issuance of subsistence benefits in New York City, which resulted in a successful preliminary injunction.
- University College London, LL.B., 2017
- Columbia University, J.D., 2022, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York