Benjamin Sadun is a litigator based in Dechert’s Los Angeles office, with significant experience in product liability and mass tort disputes, securities litigation, and antitrust litigation. Mr. Sadun has substantial experience advising Fortune 100 companies, private companies, and individuals in federal and state courts and has served as trial counsel in highly publicized multi-million dollar jury trials. This includes a complete defense victory in a 10-week jury trial profiled by Law360 as a “Legal Lion Verdict of the Week” and selected by the Daily Journal as among the “Top Verdicts” of 2019. In 2022, he was recognized by Legal 500 US in the area of Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Actions. Mr. Sadun also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Sadun was a partner at another international law firm.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- A major multinational corporation in arguing a motion for a new trial or remittitur, convincing Court to set-aside jury judgment and reduce damages by more than US$22 million.
- A major multinational pharmaceutical corporation in winning a complete defense verdict as trial counsel in a 10 week product liability jury trial described by Courtroom View Network as one of the year’s “Top 10 Most Impressive Defense Verdicts.”
- A major multinational pharmaceutical corporation in a trial where the plaintiff sought hundreds of millions in compensatory and punitive damages. The Daily Journal selected the case as one of its “Top Defense Verdicts” of 2018, and Law360 cited the case as one of the “Top Product Liability cases of 2018.”
- An artificial intelligence electric car company startup and founders in arbitration and federal court against trade secret theft and RICO allegations, and as plaintiffs challenging competitor’s anti-solicitation employment terms.
- A supplier of over-the-counter generic pharmaceutical products in a contract dispute with counterparty, including during expedited proceedings relating to a requested injunction.
- A trustee in a limited partnership dispute regarding Malibu commercial real estate, mineral rights, and farmland, and related individuals in probate dispute.
- A hedge fund accused of insider trading arising out of US$50 billion tender offer for a major pharmaceutical company.
- A legacy U.S. airline as a plaintiff in antitrust litigation alleging Sherman Act violations against the largest global distributor of airline content.
- An entertainment company in an intellectual property dispute.
- The world’s largest airline in contract negotiations with a credit card company.
- The world’s largest airline in antitrust dispute with Latin American online travel agency.
Los AngelesUS Bank Tower, 633 West 5th Street, Suite 4900, Los Angeles, CA, United States of America 90071-2032
- +1 213 808 5721
+1 213 808 5760
- Northwestern University, B.A., Political Science and Legal Studies, 2009, with Honors
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2012, Federal Bar Council Fellowship, Research Assistant to Professor Lawrence Lessig