Edward J. L. Southgate
Edward J.L. (Jay) Southgate, a partner in Dechert’s global finance practice, represents financial institutions, issuers and underwriters in private placements of residential mortgage and asset-backed securities, with a particular focus on consumer lending and fintech. Mr. Southgate also advises financial institutions in connection with negotiating flow purchase and servicing arrangements with platform originators and the warehouse financing of a broad range of products, including credit card and equipment receivables.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Southgate was a lawyer at another global law firm and previously worked in the investment management division of Goldman Sachs, with an emphasis on alternative capital markets and regulatory compliance issues. He began his legal career as a capital markets associate in the New York and Tokyo offices of another major international firm.
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3555
+1 212 698 3599
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Asian & Middle Eastern Studies, 2000, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., Asian & Middle Eastern Studies, 2000
- Columbia University, M.A., East Asian Languages & Cultures, 2001
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2004
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States