Isaac D. Stevens, a dual-qualified attorney, focuses his practice on financial restructuring matters. Mr. Stevens has significant experience representing secured and unsecured creditors, as well as foreign and U.S. companies in a wide range of bankruptcy matters. He regularly represents clients from Latin America, including banks, private funds and financial institutions, in Chapter 11 cases, international bankruptcy litigation and cross-border transactions under distressed situations.
Mr. Stevens has been recognized by multiple international and Chilean publications for his role in bankruptcy and restructuring cases in Chile and Latin America, including The Legal 500 Latin America, Chambers Latin America, Best Lawyers and Top Ranked Legal, among others.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Stevens was an associate in the Delaware office of an international law firm. Previously, he was also an associate in Chile’s largest law firm as a member of its insolvency and dispute resolution team.
- Two Latin American banks as secured creditors in the Corp Group banking Chapter 11 case.
- A Latin American private fund on the enforcement of parent guarantees in New York.
- The debtor’s financial sponsor in the Stream TV chapter 11 case.
- A U.S. tech company in an involuntary Chapter 7 case filed against Stream TV.
- A U.S. food company in the Chapter 11 case filed by Kings Food Market.
- An Australian bank in the liquidation of a Chilean mining company.
- A Canadian mining company in the restructuring of a Chilean mining company.
- A Chilean state-owned mining company in the restructuring of an Italian construction company in Chile and Italy.
- A Chilean food exporter as a debtor in a Chilean restructuring case.
- A leading group of high education institutions and health providers in the restructuring proceedings of Isapre Masvida.
- A leading Japanese food manufacturer in the liquidation of its Chilean distributor.
- A U.S. multinational cosmetics company in the bankruptcy case of its distributor in Chile.
- A U.S. provider of industrial automation in the bankruptcy of one of its distributors in Chile.
- A Norwegian-Chilean bank in the bankruptcy proceedings of Pesca Nova’s Chilean subsidiaries.
- U.S. Lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of Alto Maipo in Chile.
- The Chilean government in the restructuring proceedings and out-of-court restructuring of Chilean transport operators.
- A group of Mexican and Spanish construction companies in a commercial international arbitration against a Chilean state-owned transport company.
- A leading U.S. audio company on the enforcement of a U.S. arbitration award in Chile.
- A Peruvian hedge fund in an international commercial arbitration against a Latin American home improvement retail corporation
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Recommended Lawyer – Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Chile – Best Lawyers 2022
- Notable – Restructuring & Insolvency – Chile – Top Ranked Legal 2022
- Recommended Lawyer – Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Chile – Best Lawyers 2021
- Rising Star – Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring – Chile – The Legal 500 Latin America 2021
- Notable – Restructuring & Insolvency – Chile – Top Ranked Legal 2021
- Highlighted Young Lawyer – Corporate Restructuring – Chile – Leading Lawyers 2021
- Recommended Lawyer – Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Chile – Best Lawyers 2020
- Associate to Watch – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Chile – Chambers Latin America 2020
- Associate to Watch – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Chile – Chambers Latin America 2019
- Chapter 11 and Plan Confirmation Issues – Chilean Association of Banks and Financial Institutions (2022)
- Debtor-in-Possession Financing – Universidad de Los Andes, Chile (2021)
- Financing Restructuring: The New Wave – BPD Investments and Lima Chamber of Commerce (2021)
- Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code – Larrain Vial (2020)
- New York Bar Association
- Chilean Bar Association
- TMA Chilean Chapter
- Diego Portales University, School of Law, Bachelor of Laws, 2012, Valedictorian
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M., 2020, Distinction
- New York