Ryan Strong is an associate in Dechert’s Trials, Investigations, and Securities group. He represents both individuals and companies in government investigations involving the U.S. DOJ and SEC, and related civil matters. He also represents clients in complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Strong has advised corporations and executives facing investigations related to fraud, insider trading, cross trading, books and records violations and other financial crimes. His work within the white collar space ranges from subpoena response and document review to attorney proffers to witness interviews to representing a government witness at trial. He also has litigated LLC partnership disputes on topics such as corporate governance, fiduciary duties, corporate opportunity, non-competes, and rights-of-first-refusal/offer as well as litigating jurisdictional and venue issues on behalf of both domestic and foreign clients. His experience includes civil document discovery, deposition preparation, brief-drafting, summary judgment, and trial preparation.
Mr. Strong’s extensive pro bono practice includes representation of tenants against slumlords, minority voting rights, the protection of democratic institutions, and a criminal defendant on appeal.
- Represented multiple clients in DOJ investigations dismissed before charges were brought.
- Successfully opposed certiorari before the United States Supreme Court on behalf of a foreign client on sovereign immunity grounds.
- Assisted in achieving the successful reversal of a non-competition dispute before the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Assisted in a voting rights trial.
- Represented a financial institution as part of a multi-day arbitral tribunal.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company before an administrative law judge in relation to an executive employment dispute.
- Occidental College, B.A., Politics, 2014, Phi Beta Kappa, Honors in Politics, magna cum laude
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2017, Stone Scholar (2015-2017)
- New York