Dr. Kai Terstiege counsels clients on all aspects of corporate law transactions, with a particular focus on private equity, mergers and acquisitions and corporate investments. Dr. Terstiege has extensive experience handling mid- and large-cap private equity deals, multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, venture capital financings, corporate restructurings and general corporate and commercial matters.
Dr. Terstiege’s practice covers a wide range of industries, with an emphasis on the technology sector. Prior to joining Dechert, he practiced at other international law firms in Munich, Berlin and New York.
- KKR on its acquisition of Industrial Physics, a leading manufacturer of testing and measurements instruments.
- JTL-Software-GmbH (JTL), a leading ERP software provider specializing in e-commerce enablement solutions on the investment from Hg.
- Danaher on its acquisition of CEVEC Pharmaceuticals.
- Bessemer Venture Partners on its investment in DeepL, a leading translation platform offering artificial intelligence systems for different languages and communication.
- Hg on its sale of STP Group, a leading DACH-based provider of legal tech solutions, to Bregal Unternehmerkapital.
- Cathay Capital Private Equity on its investment in medifa healthcare group and on the acquisition of WST Präzisionstechnik GmbH from Finatem.
- Apax Partners and its portfolio company Neuraxpharm Group on the acquisition of Buccolam® from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
- PAI Partners on the acquisition of Armacell Group from Blackstone, as well as on the contemplated acquisitions of IFCO and Ammeraal Beltech.
- Partners Group on the contemplated acquisition of Faerch Plast from EQT.
- EQT on the acquisition and sale of MTS Globe by Kuoni GTA.
- Summit Partners on investments in Global Fashion Group, Westwing and Lazada, the acquisitions of NAFI and Assfinet by Acturis Group and on the initial public offerings of Westwing Group AG and Global Fashion Group.
- Fortress Investment Group on the acquisition of German and Dutch loan and real estate portfolios.
- Blackstone on the acquisition of Logicor Group from Foncière de Régions.
- Special Situations Venture Partners III advised by Orlando Management on the acquisition of the Innight business from TNT.
- Beyond Capital on the acquisition of LDBS Lichtdienst GmbH.
Selected experience includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Corporate Law - Handelsblatt Best Lawyers
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, First State Examination, 2004
- Universität Hamburg, Ph.D., 2006
- Oberlandesgericht Hamburg, Second State Examination, 2009