Sharon Turret is a litigator who focuses her practice on product liability and mass torts litigation. She has represented pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturer defendants in large-scale multi-district product liability litigation matters in state and federal courts.
Ms. Turret is skilled in many stages of complex coordinated litigation. She is experienced in leading fact discovery, taking witness interviews, working with expert witnesses, preparing company witnesses for testimony and drafting briefing.
Ms. Turret maintains an active voting rights litigation pro bono practice. She coaches a New York City high school mock trial team, which won the 2021 New York State high school mock trial championship tournament. During law school, Ms. Turret competed in trial team competitions throughout the country.
- Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in more than 2,400 personal injury lawsuits that have been filed involving their hernia mesh products, including an MDL in New Hampshire.
- GlaxoSmithKline as lead national counsel to in an ongoing MDL in the Southern District of Florida concerning the FDA’s market withdrawal of Zantac, an antacid medication.
- Purdue Pharma as national counsel in lawsuits in a federal MDL and in state courts across the country concerning its prescription opioid pain medications, including OxyContin.
- Saint-Gobain Corporation in an action by 247 UK residents and their estates who seek damages as a result of the 2017 fire at Grenfell Tower, a high-rise apartment building in London. In March 2020, Saint-Gobain secured an order of dismissal due to its lack of involvement in the fire or products at issue.
- A non-profit foundation in intentional torts arising out of scientific research.
- Veil-Piercing Defense Lessons From Kumho Tire Case — Law360 (October 28, 2020)
- Drug Cos. May Find Real-World Evidence Cuts Both Ways — Law 360 (April 14, 2020),
- Science Days in Mass Torts, In-House Defense Quarterly (Summer 2019)
- New York University, B.A., 2015, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2018, ABA Appellate Team & Editor, Moot Court Board; Regional Champion, Texas Young Lawyers Association National Trial Competition, 2018; Best Oral Advocate & First Place Team, Wechsler National Criminal Moot Court Competition, University of Buffalo Law, 2017; Best Attorney Award & First Place Team, Georgetown Law Trial Advocacy White Collar Tournament, 2016
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York