Sharon Turret is a litigator who focuses her practice on product liability and mass torts litigation. She has represented pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product manufacturer defendants in large-scale multi-district product liability litigation matters in state and federal courts.
Ms. Turret is skilled in many stages of multi-district litigation. She is experienced in leading fact discovery, taking witness interviews, taking and defending depositions, working with expert witnesses, preparing company witnesses for testimony, and drafting briefing.
- Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in more than 2,400 personal injury lawsuits that have been filed involving their hernia mesh products, including an MDL in New Hampshire.
- GlaxoSmithKline as lead national counsel to in an ongoing MDL in the Southern District of Florida concerning the FDA’s market withdrawal of Zantac, an antacid medication.
- Purdue Pharma as national counsel in lawsuits in a federal MDL and in state courts across the country concerning its prescription opioid pain medications, including OxyContin.
- Saint-Gobain Corporation in an action by 247 UK residents and their estates who seek damages as a result of the 2017 fire at Grenfell Tower, a high-rise apartment building in London. In March 2020, Saint-Gobain secured an order of dismissal due to its lack of involvement in the fire or products at issue.
- A non-profit foundation in intentional torts arising out of scientific research.
- Veil-Piercing Defense Lessons From Kumho Tire Case — Law360 (October 28, 2020)
- Drug Cos. May Find Real-World Evidence Cuts Both Ways — Law 360 (April 14, 2020),
- Science Days in Mass Torts, In-House Defense Quarterly (Summer 2019)
- New York University, B.A., 2015, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2018, ABA Appellate Team & Editor, Moot Court Board; Regional Champion, Texas Young Lawyers Association National Trial Competition, 2018; Best Oral Advocate & First Place Team, Wechsler National Criminal Moot Court Competition, University of Buffalo Law, 2017; Best Attorney Award & First Place Team, Georgetown Law Trial Advocacy White Collar Tournament, 2016
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York