Aaron D. Withrow advises fund and ETF complexes, investment advisers, independent directors, fund distributors and related financial services firms. Mr. Withrow has advised clients on a variety of regulatory, corporate and compliance matters, including the formation and registration of new products and adviser entities, fund reorganizations and adviser change of control issues, fund and adviser compliance programs and codes of ethics, marketing and disclosure issues, general fund and adviser compliance matters, fund governance, the regulation of cross-border advisory service and product offerings and fund service provider contractual arrangements. He also has experience seeking exemptive and no-action relief from the SEC Staff and representing clients in SEC investigations and enforcement matters.
In recent years, a significant portion of Mr. Withrow’s practice has been devoted to advising clients on implementation and compliance considerations relating to the SEC’s liquidity risk management, fund of funds, fair valuation and investment adviser marketing rules.
Mr. Withrow was recently recognized as a “Rising Star” at the Mutual Fund & ETF Awards 2023, selected by With Intelligence.
- Regulatory Update: Bond Fund Issues ’23 – Crane’s Bond Fund Symposium, Boston, MA (March 23, 2023)
- Navigating the Recent SEC Rule Proposal - First Look: The SEC’s Liquidity and Swing Pricing Proposal — Dechert LLP, Webinar (November 10, 2022)
- The New World of Investment Adviser Marketing – The Rule 206(4)-1 Amendments — Dechert LLP, Webinar Series (May 11 & 13, 2021)
- SEC Rulemaking Webinar Series: New Rule 2a-5: Good Faith Determinations of Fair Value, Part 1 — Dechert LLP, Webinar (April 22, 2021)
- Regulatory Update: Latest Bond Fund Issues — Crane's Bond Fund Symposium, Webinar (March 26, 2021)
- Valuation Developments: Board Perspective — IDC Fund Directors Conference, Dechert Webinar (October 22, 2020)
- Managing Compliance with the U.S. Registered Funds Liquidity Rule in the Current Environment — Dechert LLP, Webinar (March 20, 2020)
- Liquidity Rule 22e-4 Implementation — Presented by The D.C. Bar, Washington D.C. (May 14, 2019)
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., 2004, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Case Western Reserve University, M.S., Mathematics, 2006
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude, Edward F. Hennessey Scholar, Recipient of the Dean’s Award for Best Exam in Mutual Funds, Article Editor for the Review of Banking & Financial Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Securities & Financial Regulation, 2011, with Distinction, Dean’s List, Recipient of the CALI Award for Best Exam in Complex Derivative Transactions
- District of Columbia
- New York