Carol Widger is a partner in Dechert’s Investment Funds group in Dublin and Managing Partner of the firm’s Dublin office. Ms. Widger has 20 years’ experience advising fund promoters, fund managers, AIFMs, MiFID firms and other investment funds services firms, on matters relating to the establishment, launch and ongoing management of all types of investment funds, including UCITS and AIF products. Ms. Widger is a former Chair of Irish Funds' Legal Working Group and currently acts as a senior advisor of the Dublin location for 100 Women in Finance, where she was the former Chair and founding member.
Ms. Widger is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer in legal publications. IFLR1000 recognizes her as a “highly regarded” individual in hedge funds and investment funds, while Legal 500 says Carol Widger is “well-informed and analytical”. Chambers Global highlights Ms. Widger for bolstering the firm's Irish fund practice. Clients admire her “ability to deal with complex situations; if you are looking to structure funds requiring more in-depth knowledge then she is very strong.” Whilst also describing her as an “excellent communicator, who is very commercial and prompt” who is “great with relationship management and Irish funds and structuring.” She was also “Highly Commended” in the Chambers’ “Diversity Lawyer of the Year: Europe-wide” category for her career-long efforts to foster gender diversity.
- The Irish ILP – An Evaluation from a Global Law Firm: How Did Iit Stack up? - Webinar (October 2021)
- Dechert in Dublin: CP86 Stocktake - Webinar (May 2021)
- Outcome of CBI Review of Fund Management Companies - AIMA Webinar (November 2020)
- CP86, Organisational Effectiveness and Other Areas of Central Bank Focus Including Its Recent Closet Tracking Letter to Industry, Liquidity Management and Performance Fees - AIMA Fund Manager Briefing, Dublin (September 2019)
- Global Trends in Private Funds, Global Alternative Funds Symposium - New York (June 2019)
- Developments in UCITS: MiFID II, Brexit, Global Fund Distribution and Anti-Money Laundering - Boston, New York (May 2019)
- Current Developments Affecting the Fund Industry - San Diego (March 2019)
- 8th Annual Funds Congress - London (February 2019)
- 100 Women in Finance
- Law Society of Ireland
- University College Dublin, Bachelor of Civil Law, 1995
- University College Dublin, Post-graduate Diploma, Financial Services
- Solicitor, Ireland, 1998