Associate London Intellectual Property
Representative Transactional Matters
- Representing Unique X, a leading, specialist software provider to the cinema industry, in a long-term partnership with National CineMedia, the largest cinema advertising network in the U.S., via a complex IT services and licensing transaction.
- Representing Iconix Brand Group, one of the world’s premier brand management companies, on the sale of its Umbro, Starter and Lee Cooper brands in China, Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan and coexistence across the rest of the world.
- Advising a world-famous financial services provider in relation to its investment into a financial cloud technology company.
- Acting for Endless LLP, a leading private equity firm, on the intellectual property and data protection aspects of its acquisition of the iconic Hovis brand.
- Advising Nordic Capital, a leading private equity firm, in relation to the sale of the fintech business, Itiviti, including open source software and data privacy matters.
- Acting for leading football media platform, OneFootball, on the intellectual property and data protection aspects of its acquisition of Dugout, a digital media company co-owned by 10 of the world’s biggest football clubs.
- Assisting with the IP, IT and data protection aspects of numerous acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Representative IP Disputes
- Advising a European pharmaceutical company in High Court litigation arising from a dispute over a pharmaceutical product licence.
- Advising one of the world’s leading online fashion retailers, Asos plc, in its successful defence of high-stakes trade mark infringement proceedings brought against it by a Swiss company, involving proceedings in the High Court, Court of Appeal and an application to the Supreme Court.
- Advising the Hong Kong telecoms group PCCW in connection with a trade mark infringement and passing off dispute with British Sky Broadcasting in relation to the NOW TV brand, which included proceedings before the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court and various invalidity actions, revocation actions, oppositions and appeals before the EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Representing the iconic British luxury brand, Asprey, in various trade mark proceedings, including invalidity proceedings, examination proceedings and oppositions, before the UK Intellectual Property Office and EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Advising a leading regulatory software platform in connection with a trade mark infringement and passing off dispute.
- Acting on multiple trade mark disputes and registry objections for the Chinese e-commerce conglomerate, Alibaba before the EU Intellectual Property Office, including trade mark revocation and opposition proceedings.
- Advising an award-winning Caribbean chain of luxury holiday resorts in various trade mark matters, including examination proceedings and oppositions, before the UK Intellectual Property Office and EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Representing JR International Sarl in respect of a dispute with the heirs to the estate of the late world chef and restauranteur Joel Robuchon regarding trade mark ownership and use.
- Acting for a leading global e-retailer of skincare and cosmetics in connection with various trade mark proceedings, including trade mark revocation and opposition proceedings at the UK Intellectual Property Office and EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Advising a well-known UK restaurant chain in connection with various trade mark infringement, passing off, and copyright infringement matters, as well as domain name disputes.
- Representing the owner of a world-famous fashion brand in relation to a trade mark and copyright dispute over a design back catalogue.
Representative Privacy & Cybersecurity Matters
- Advising Moderna on a range of UK and EU data privacy issues, including strategic privacy compliance advice in relation to its privacy documentation.
- Advising a U.S. based for-profit provider of higher education and professional certification programs in the healthcare, financial services and professional certification sectors, on compliance with the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive.Managing GDPR compliance projects for multiple investment managers.
- Managing a GDPR compliance project for the worldwide agent of an award-winning Caribbean chain of luxury holiday resorts and providing ongoing advice and counselling regarding data breaches and subject access requests.
- Advising an online video optimization and analytics company in relation to the effect of the GDPR on its various products and services.
- Advising on the privacy aspects and implications of an independent investigation by the former Court of Appeal judge, the Rt. Hon. Dame Elizabeth Gloster DBE, into the Financial Conduct Authority’s regulation and oversight of London Capital & Finance Plc.
- Acting for a global financial software company in providing strategic advice on the application of EU and UK privacy laws.
- Advising a leading private equity company on the risks relating to complex privacy and data security matters in connection with its bid for and acquisition of a global social media and dating app, including addressing significant regulatory issues and assessing the risk of regulatory proceedings in the EEA.
- Acting for a life sciences company with operations in the U.S. and Europe in connection with its privacy framework and policies.
- Advising a private equity firm on complex privacy matters in connection with its potential acquisition of a leading fem-tech company.
- Advising a global provider of wireless communications infrastructure in connection with international transfers of data and implementation of standard contractual clauses.
- Advising a cryptocurrency provider on compliance with the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive.
- Schrems II: European Data Protection Board Data Transfers Guidance – Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal (March 2021)
- GDPR for HR - London (November 30, 2017)
- +44 20 7184 7302
+44 20 7184 7001
- University of Kent, Law (LLB), 2013, First Class Honours
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2014, Distinction
- University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 2018
- England and Wales