Private Equity and M&A
- Court Square Capital Partners in a number of buyout and/or exit transactions, including related to AFS Technologies, Ahead, LLC, Auto Europe Group, CompuCom Systems Holding Corp., Encompass Digital Media, Inc., the Harvard Drug Group, Rocket Software and SPS Holdings, as well as advising a number of portfolio companies on add-on acquisition, disposition and dividend recapitalization transactions.
- Rocket Software in its US$2 billion sale of a majority stake in the company to Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Fibertech Holdings Corporation in the US$1.9 billion merger of Fibertech, a U.S.-based provider of fiber-optic based network services, with Lightower Fiber Networks.
- Blackstone Tactical Opportunities Advisors, LLC in connection with an equity investment in BTIG, LLC, a US-based financial services firm.
- Evercore Partners as financial advisor in several transactions, including Sprint Nextel Corporation’s US$3.8 billion acquisition of all of the Class A Common Stock of Clearwire and North Pittsburgh Systems Inc.’s US$345 million acquisition by Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc.
- A shareholder advocacy group, Shareholder Advocates for Value Enhancement (SAVE), in its proxy contest for representation on the board of USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: USAT).
- Arrow International, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRO) in its US$2 billion sale to Teleflex Incorporated.
Alternative Asset Management Diversification/Capital Markets
- KKR in connection with the launch of the KKR Income Opportunity Fund (NYSE:KIO).
- Corporate Capital Trust, Inc. (“CCT”), an unlisted BDC with approximately US$5 billion in total assets, as corporate counsel and in connection with its equity capital raise of approximately US$3.3 billion and subsequent listing on the NYSE.
- CCT in connection with its joint venture with Conway Partners, Strategic Credit Opportunities Partners.
- Corporate Capital Trust II (“CCT II”) in connection with its formation and continuous public offering of up to 275 million shares of common stock for a proposed maximum offering price of approximately US$2.6 billion.
- CNL Financial Group in connection with the registration of an unlisted closed-end fund, The CNL Energy Total Return Fund, in partnership with Riverstone Holdings.
- GoldenTree in connection with its role as sub-adviser to the FS Credit Income Fund, the first investment company role for Goldentree.
- CCT I, CCT II, KKR Credit (US), LLC and affiliated entities in connection with their application for exemption from certain sections of the 1940 Act related to co-investment transactions.
- Resource America, Inc. in connection with its formation of the Resource Credit Income Fund and in connection with its joint venture with Pearlmark Real Estate.
- Stifel Venture Corp. in its investment in CM Investment Partners and CM Finance in connection with the initial public offering of CM Finance.
- Stifel Financial Corp. in connection with Stifel Aviation Finance, a series of aircraft specialty finance vehicles.
Financial Services/Asset M&A
- Stifel Financial Corp. in its acquisition of Eaton Partners, LLC, a global institutional placement agency.
- CIT Group Inc. in the formation of Strategic Credit Partners, a joint venture formed with TPG Special Situations Partners to provide senior secured financing to companies in a variety of industries throughout the United States.
- Business Development Corporation of America (BDCA), an affiliate of Benefit Street Partners L.L.C., in connection with its acquisition of a controlling interest in Siena Capital Finance LLC.
- Corporate Capital Trust, Inc. (NYSE:CCT) in the merger of FSIC and CCT to create the second largest publicly-traded BDC.
- AIG in its acquisition of all the outstanding equity interests of Covenant Credit Partners, LP, and alternative to credit manager with a focus on collateralized loan.
- The Evolution of Private Credit: Strategies Driving Growth and Scale, 2021 Permanent & Private Capital Summit, Virtual Conference (June 2-3, 2021)
- Permanent and Private Capital in the Time of COVID-19: Where We've Been and Where We're Going, Dechert LLP - Virtual Conference (August 20, 2020)
- Private Credit Panel, NYU Stern Annual Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference - New York, NY (March 6, 2020)
- Challenges of Bolting on a Credit Strategy to Existing Private Equity Platform, PDI's CFOs & COOs Forum - New York, NY (June 20-21, 2018)
- Beyond Traditional Private Equity Investments, NYU Stern Venture Capital & Private Equity Conference - New York, NY (March 2, 2018)
- 3rd Annual LPGP Connect Private Debt New York, LPGP Connect - New York, NY (May 16, 2017)
- 2017 Permanent Capital Summit, Dechert LLP - New York, NY (March 08, 2017)
- Diversifying a Fund Business: Implications of Managing Private Equity Funds, Hedge Funds and Other Alternative Investment Products Alongside Each Other, 18th Annual International Conference on Private Investment Funds - London, UK (March 6, 2017)
- NYU Stern Venture Capital & Private Equity Conference - New York, NY (March 3, 2017)
- Operational Value Creation, Harvard Business School Venture Capital & Private Equity 2016 Conference - Boston, MA (March 5, 2016)
- 2016 Permanent Capital Summit, Dechert LLP - New York, NY (January 26, 2016)
- Current Trends in Permanent Capital: What Alternative Managers Need to Know Now, Dechert LLP - New York, NY (January 22, 2015)
- Cornell University, B.A., 1997, cum laude
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2002, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- New York