The 2nd edition of Hedge Funds in the Law, authored by Dechert partner Richard Frase, provides a comprehensive guide to setting up and operating hedge funds. It covers all the key legal, regulatory, and tax matters that need to be considered and covered when setting up a fund. The new edition is fully updated to cover the AIFMD and the Dodd Frank Act in the US.
- The key legal, regulatory and tax matters that need to be considered and covered when setting up and operating different types of fund.
- The implications of the Alternative Fund Managers’ Directive (AIFMD), which regulates EU hedge fund managers for the first time, and other EU initiatives.
- The regulatory initiatives of the US including the impact of the Dodd Frank Act on transparency and accountability in the hedge fund industry.
- The rules relating to hedge fund reporting requirements.
- The requirement for hedge funds to appoint a depository under the AIFMD.
- Coverage of the legal and regulatory regimes relating to hedge funds in key jurisdictions.
- The regulator’s enforcement regime as it applies to hedge fund managers.
- The rules and regulations governing the marketing of hedge funds in key jurisdictions.