Health, safety and working conditions in France / Second Half-Year 2018
Prevention of occupational hazards and management of matters related to safety and the protection of health at work are major concerns for all those involved in labor law.
This newsletter reviews five notable court holdings in this domain from the second half of the year.
1. An employer is responsible for its employees at all times during a company seminar, including during free time
2. Using a company car in a carpool without permission may justify dismissal
3. The employer must act after an altercation between two employees. Failing this, the employer fails to fulfil their safety obligation
4. The transfer of employment contracts does not entail the transfer of internal rules and regulations
5. Unpaid work during a period of sick leave is not necessarily a breach of the employee’s duty of loyalty