Eric Auslander is an associate in Dechert’s Trials, Investigations, and Securities group. He focuses his practice on internal investigations, enforcement matters, and examinations in the financial services industry. He also represents clients in complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts.
Mr. Auslander’s experience includes representing corporations and individuals in internal and government investigations involving allegations of insider trading, accounting irregularities, fraud, disclosure-related securities law violations, and corruption. These matters have involved the SEC, FINRA, and state securities regulators, as well as the U.S. Department of Justice and state attorneys general. Mr. Auslander has also represented corporations in litigation concerning breach of contract, products liability, and corporate governance disputes.
Mr. Auslander maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients on matters regarding immigration, religious liberty, and advocacy for people experiencing homelessness. Prior to joining Dechert as a summer associate in 2016, Mr. Auslander worked on Capitol Hill and in government relations and regulatory compliance.
- SEC Chair Gensler Signals Increased SEC Scrutiny of Private Funds - (December 16, 2021)
- Congress Restores and Codifies Expansive SEC Disgorgement Authority - (January 31, 2021)
- SEC Enforcement Division Releases 2020 Annual Report: COVID-19 Impacts Enforcement as Whistleblower Program Boosts Enforcement - (November 20, 2020)
- The Supreme Court Affirms, But Limits, The SEC’s Disgorgement Authority - (July 06, 2020)
- OCIE Releases 2020 Examination Priorities - (January 30, 2020)
Washington, D.C.1900 K Street, NW, Washington, DC, United States of America 20006-1110
- +1 202 261 3319
+1 202 261 3333
- University of Rochester, B.A., 2011, cum laude
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2017, with Honors, The George Washington Law Review, 2017
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan