Christie Boyden is an associate in Dechert’s antitrust and competition group in Washington, D.C.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Boyden worked as an associate at another international law firm and previously worked at the defense lobbying firm J.A. Green & Co. in Washington, D.C., as a policy analyst focused on cybersecurity and information technology. In this role, Ms. Boyden drafted legislation, prepared advocacy materials, and developed customized, results-driven strategies to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Additionally, Ms. Boyden has a background in journalism and previously worked at Bloomberg News on the consumer team, her local paper The Loudoun Times Mirror, and the public affairs program American Forum which aired weekly on PBS. She uses her extensive writing experience to help clients advocate their positions to government agencies, state legislatures, customers, and tribunals.
Ms. Boyden earned her law degree from The George Washington University Law School, where she served on The George Washington University Law Review and moot court. She also earned her B.A. from the University of Virginia in Media Studies & American Studies.
- Ghost Gun Litigation – Represented victims of the 2015 San Bernadino mass shooting against the manufacturers of ghost gun kits, which are un-serialized firearms that allow purchasers to bypass standard requirement and background checks.
- Fair Labor and Discrimination Litigation – Worked with Ayuda’s immigration legal team to represent a low-income immigrant from Hong Kong in her lawsuit for breach of contract, fraudulent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and Fair Labor Standards Act violations against her employer.
- International Law – Worked with the Public International Law & Policy Group to draft memos examining whether frozen Russian assets can be used to rebuild Ukraine and whether lustration laws could be used to expel public officials in Crimea if Crimea was ever re-integrated with Ukraine.
- Best Oral Advocate - Second Place, Van Vleck Moot Court Constitutional Law Competition 2020
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law
Washington, D.C.1900 K Street, NW, Washington, DC, United States of America 20006-1110
- +1 202 261 3384
+1 202 261 3333
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2015
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2021, With Honors
- District of Columbia