Elisa Beneze is an associate in the firm's antitrust and competition group, focusing on antitrust litigation. She represents clients in complex private antitrust lawsuits, including Robinson-Patman Act, Sherman Act, and state statutory and common law antitrust claims. She also counsels clients on proposed acquisitions, through second requests and provides representation during merger litigation against the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice. Ms. Beneze has also represented clients in government investigations, including antitrust leniency applications before the Department of Justice. Her experience covers a broad range of industries, including energy, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, automotive, and chemical manufacturing.
Ms. Beneze is also dedicated to pro bono work, focusing on Innocence Project and criminal appellate cases. She successfully overturned a criminal conviction in front of the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals on Constitutional Speedy Trial Right grounds.
- Media Company in its defense of antitrust monopolization claims, with all antitrust claims being dismissed on summary judgment.
- Chemical Manufacturer in its defense of a price-fixing class action lawsuit brought by direct and indirect purchasers.
- Coal Mining Company in a merger challenge lawsuit brought by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Consumer Goods Distributor in defense of Robinson-Patman Act price discrimination claims.
- Healthcare Company in its acquisition of a regional provider group.
- Criminal Appellate Representation – Drafted appellate briefs and argued at oral argument to overturn a criminal conviction on Constitutional Speedy Trial grounds.
- Innocence Project – Represented client in petition for a writ of actual innocence and on appeal of denial of writ.
- Custody – Represented a single mother in family court to successfully modify a custody agreement.
- Rising Star: Antitrust Litigation – Super Lawyers (2020)
- Discovery Nuts and Bolts: Depositions – ABA Section of Antitrust Law (2021)
- Scripps College, B.A., 2009
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2016, Editor in chief of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- District of Columbia