Dr. Markus P. Bolsinger, co-head of Dechert’s private equity practice, structures and negotiates complex transactions – domestic and transatlantic mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and going-private transactions – and advises on general corporate and corporate governance matters. Dr. Bolsinger’s experience extends across industries, including healthcare, industrial, packaging, consumer, food and beverage and restaurant sectors. His clients have included leading private equity firms, such as First Atlantic Capital, ICV Partners, J.H. Whitney & Co. and Morgan Stanley Capital Partners. In addition to his core M&A and PE experience, Dr. Bolsinger has extensive expertise in transactional risk insurance, and frequently speaks and writes on the topic in major media outlets.
He has been listed as a recommended lawyer by the U.S., EMEA and Germany editions of The Legal 500, a legal directory based on the opinions of clients and peers. Recognized for both M&A and private equity buyouts, Dr. Bolsinger has been cited as “a good overall” and "trusted adviser" who "takes the time to understand a client’s business and motivations before undertaking any way". Since 2010, every year Dr. Bolsinger has been recognized and received a pro bono service award.
- C.P. Converters in connection with several add-on acquisitions.
- First Atlantic Capital in connection with its acquisition of Resource Label Group and C.P. Converters.
- First Atlantic Capital in connection with the US$500 million sale of Captive Plastics to Berry Plastics.
- First Atlantic Capital in connection with the approximately US$284 million sale of Ranpak to American Capital.
- Resource Label Group in connection with several add-on acquisitions as well as its outside investment from TGP Growth.
- Waddington North America in its sale to Olympus Partners.
- J.H. Whitney in connection with the acquisition agreement by Aveanna Healthcare of the home healthcare division of Maxim Healthcare Services.
- J.H. Whitney in the acquisition of German-headquartered 3B Scientific group, an international manufacturer of anatomical and biological teaching aids, models and software with 15 subsidiaries around the globe.
- J.H. Whitney in connection with its acquisition of Pediatric Services of America, Inc., known as PSA Healthcare.
- J.H. Whitney in connection with the merger of its portfolio company PSA Healthcare with Epic Health Services to create Aveanna Healthcare.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Clarity Software Solutions.
- Morgan Stanley and Clarity Software in the acquisition of Premier Graphics.
Food and Beverage Industry
- Blacksand in connection with its approximately US$400 million hostile tender offer for Lascelles deMercado.
- First Atlantic Capital in its divestiture of Country Pure Foods.
- ICV Capital Partners in its acquisition and subsequent divestiture of Sterling Foods.
- Vestar Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Birds Eye frozen food business from Pro-Fac Cooperative.
- Entertainment Cruises in its sale to The Pritzker Group.
- ICV Capital Partners in connection with its acquisitions of Spirit Yachts and Premier Yachts.
- Ignite Restaurant Group in connection with its pursuit of a dual-process, resulting in its initial public offering.
- J.H. Whitney in connection with its acquisition of Joe's Crab Shack.
- First Atlantic Capital in connection with its acquisition of Bealine Service Company.
- ICV Capital Partners in connection with its acquisitions of Cargo Airport Services, Integrated Airline Services and Perishable Handling Specialists.
- First Atlantic Capital in connection with its acquisition of TestEquity and subsequent sale of TestEquity to LKCM Headwater Investments.
- First Atlantic Capital in connection with its acquisition of Sprint Industrial, Southern Tank Leasing and substantially all of the assets of Intrinsic Solutions.
- Osgood Capital Group, LLC and Cyprium Investment Partners, LLC in their joint carve-out acquisition of the Uniloy Blow Molding business from Milacron Holdings Corp.
- TestEquity in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Electro-Wise Dallas.
- Apax Partners in its US$100 million acquisition of Spyder Active Sports.
- ICV Capital Partners in its divestiture of AAMP of America, The Hilsinger Company, and MRG Holdings.
- ICV Capital Partners in its acquisition of OneTouch Point.
- ICV Capital Partners in its divestiture of PFM Group.
- Morgan Stanley and 24 Seven in the acquisition of Sage Consulting.
- New Mountain in connection with its acquisition of ACA Compliance, Vincent Performance Services, Northpoint Fintech and Aponix FT Solutions.
- Ocedo, a German GmbH, in its sale to U.S.-based Riverbed Technology.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- M&A Insurance - No Exclusion of Consequential Damages, KirklandPEN (July 25, 2014)
- Multiple-Based Damage Claims Under Representation & Warranty Insurance, KirklandPEN (November 6, 2013)
- Grundlagen des Islamic Banking & Finance, Zeitschrift für Bankrecht und Bankwirtschaft (2009), p. 460 et seq.
- Perspektiven in Großkanzleien für deutsche Juristen, USA Bewerbungsführer für Juristen, DAJV, 3. Auflage (2009), p.35 et seq.
- Omnicare, Inc. v. NCS Healthcare, Inc., Neue Zeitschrift für Gesellschaftsrecht (2003), p. 1044 et seq.
- Perspektiven in US-Großkanzleien für deutsche Juristen, USA Bewerbungsführer für Juristen, DAJV, 2. Auflage (2003), p.55 et seq.
- Dogmatik der Arzthaftung, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft (1999)
- Transatlantic Legal Conference, Deutsch-Amerikanische Juristen-Vereinigung e.V. (DAJV) - Frankfurt, Germany (March 6, 2020)
- 2020 Transaction Insurance Insights Conference, Advisen - New York, NY (January 29, 2020)
- The Interim Period, Transaction Insurance Insights Conference - New York, NY (January 30, 2019)
- 2019 Global Private Equity Outlook, Dechert and Mergermarket - Webinar (September 10, 2018)
- Healthcare Panel, Harvard Business School's 24th Annual VCPE Conference - Harvard, MA (January 27, 2018)
- 2017 Transaction Insurance Insights Conference, Advisen - New York, NY (April 20, 2017)
- Industrials Panel, 23rd Annual VCPE Conference - Boston, MA (January 28, 2017)
- Special Considerations: Reps & Warranties Insurance for Healthcare, Deals, and other Special Industries, 2016 Inaugural Reps & Warranties & Transactional Liability Insurance ExecuSummit - Uncasville, CT (May 3, 2016)
- The Claims Process, Advisen's Transaction Insurance Forum - New York, NY (April 27, 2016)
- Healthcare Panel, NYU Stern Venture Capital + Private Equity Conference - New York, NY (March 4, 2016)
- 2015 Executive Risk Insights Conference, Advisen - New York, NY (September 17, 2015)
- M&A Insurance – No Longer Optional, Middle Market General Counsel Network, (August 24, 2014)
- M&A Representations and Warranties, Bloomberg BNA, (May 19, 2014)
- Finding Alpha - Navigating Investment Headwinds in Private Equity, 9th Annual NYU Stern Private Equity Conference - New York, NY (February 28, 2014)
- Eberhard Karls University, Tübingen, J.D., 1993
- Eberhard Karls University, Tübingen, Dr. jur., 1998, magna cum laude
- The University of Chicago Law School, LL.M., 1997
- New York