Advising partnerships and individuals across the spectrum of partnership matters
Drawing on cross-disciplinary expertise from lawyers in our employment and partnership, financial services, corporate, tax and dispute resolution groups, Dechert’s partnership team advises partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and individuals across the spectrum of partnership matters.
With one of the leading investment funds practices worldwide, the firm has considerable experience in advising on limited and limited liability partnership matters in the financial services sector. Our lawyers have deep insight into industry practice on partnership matters which helps us provide commercial solutions.
"We can rely on their advice."
"Very responsive and client-friendly service."
"They see the wider direction of our business and have become trusted advisers to us."
Chambers UK 2021 (Partnership: UK-Wide)
Structuring professional practices
Our typical work includes:
- The formation of LLPs and limited partnerships. Structuring and drafting LLP member agreements, including advice on the tax implications of partnership and LLP structures.
- Negotiating the terms of LLP member agreements and terms of admission.
- Re-organizing and restructuring LLP member agreements for existing LLPs, including partial spin outs.
- Devising and drafting carry vehicles and remuneration provisions and incentivization plans for limited partners and LLP members.
- Advising on removal of members, changing member terms and making changes to member agreements.
- Advising on LLP disputes, including disputes between members and an LLP and also between members.
- Enforcing post termination restrictions.