Ivan Chik is a litigator and a contentious regulatory lawyer. Mr. Chik has represented international companies and listed issuers on complex commercial disputes before the High Court of Hong Kong as well as contentious regulatory matters involving the Securities and Futures Commission, the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Independent Commission Against Corruption.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Chik was an associate in the Hong Kong office of a global law firm.
- An international bank on its appeal against the Securities and Futures Commission’s decision on IPO sponsor’s obligations before the Securities and Futures Appeals Tribunal.
- A Hong Kong-listed PRC company on a regulatory investigation in respect of IPO prospectus liabilities.
- A Hong Kong-listed French company on a regulatory investigation in respect of alleged breaches of director’s duties.
- An international bank on alleged mis-selling and execution failure claims before the High Court of Hong Kong.
- An international accounting firm on a claim before the High Court of Hong Kong against a company’s former director over a PRC property investment.
- A regional bank on a regulatory investigation in respect of anti-money laundering issues.
- An international IT company on a regulatory investigation in respect of potential corruption matters.
Includes matters handled prior to joining the firm.
- Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Corruption and Bribery Laws – Co-guest Speaker at a LLM lecture at the University of Hong Kong (2021)
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- University of Warwick, B.A., Law & Business Studies, 2014, First Class Honours
- City University of Hong Kong, P.C.LL., 2015
- Hong Kong