Jennifer Cao is an associate in Dechert’s corporate and securities group. Ms. Cao represents issuers and underwriters on public and private securities offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings and secondary public offerings. Ms. Cao also advises companies on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, periodic reporting and securities regulation and compliance.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Cao was a corporate associate in the Toronto office of a leading Canadian law firm. During her time there, she was seconded to their New York office and participated in a secondment to a client’s in-house legal department. Ms. Cao is admitted in the state of Ontario only; she is not admitted in New York.
- The underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on offerings of a consumer goods and merchandising company.
- A real estate investment trust on a number of its follow-on offerings of equity, hybrid and debt securities.
- A real estate investment trust in establishing its at-the-market program.
- A biotechnology company in its internal reorganization as part of its initial public offering.
- An industrial chemicals company on a number of its follow-on offerings of equity and hybrid securities.
- The buyer in connection with its acquisition of a communications company.
- The sellers in connection with the sale of its shares in two insurance companies.
- The seller in its sale of a portfolio of solar energy projects.
- Emerging and high growth companies in their venture capital financings.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Toronto, B.A.
- University of Waterloo, Master of Public Service
- Queen's University, J.D.
- Admitted in Ontario only; not admitted in New York