- A major pharmaceutical company as national counsel in an MDL involving over 3,000 plaintiffs and allegations that one of the company’s medications caused women to develop diabetes. Successfully excluded plaintiffs’ causation experts and won summary judgment in all MDL cases; argued the appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, which unanimously affirmed.
- A major pharmaceutical company as national counsel in an MDL and related state cases involving allegations that in utero exposure to an antidepressant medication caused children to develop birth defects. Successfully excluded the MDL plaintiffs’ general causation experts and obtained summary judgment for all MDL cases; argued the appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, which unanimously affirmed.
- Several pharmaceutical companies in securing a complete dismissal in multidistrict litigation in connection with personal injury claims arising from the manufacturing and distribution of generic prescription medications containing propoxyphene.
- A client in successfully arguing a motion to dismiss a consolidated nationwide consumer fraud class action complaint in an MDL and also argued the appeal in the Ninth Circuit, where the district court’s decision was affirmed.
- A major biotechnology company in multidistrict litigation involving a nationwide consumer fraud action.
- Several major pharmaceutical companies in connection with the development of risk management initiatives, labelling advice and document management.
- One of the world’s largest computer manufacturers in class actions challenging alleged product defects.
- Individual and corporate property owners in connection with more than 70 cases alleging pediatric brain injuries from exposure to environmental toxins.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America – Lawdragon
- Client Service All Star – BTI Consulting Group 2022 (View Video)
- Lexology Getting the Deal Through: Product Liability 2023 — (September 27, 2023)
- The Real Estate Finance Journal, New York’s Green Amendment: How Guidance from Other States Can Shape the Development of New York’s Newest Constitutional Right (2022)
- The American Lawyer, The Soft Skills It Takes to Succeed as Part of a Virtual Law Firm Trial Team (April 13, 2022)
- Mass Torts chapter, Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts (5th ed. 2021).
- Chapter 5: The Evolution of PFAS Litigation, Environmental Regulation in Practice 2021: Permitting, Litigating, and Deal Negotiations (2021)
- New York City Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Stony Brook University, B.A., with Honors, 1987
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1990, Paul J. Liacos Scholar
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York