Tom Caster primarily advises on commercial and residential mortgage-backed securitizations, warehouse lines and other complex structured financings for a broad client base on both the buy and sell-sides, including global systemically important banks, investment funds and private equity houses. Mr. Caster has particular experience advising in relation to repurchase and repurchase securitization facilities used to finance commercial real estate back-leverage transactions. Mr. Caster also routinely advises in relation to more general finance matters and also has experience of complex cross-border restructurings of capital markets instruments.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Caster was an associate in the London office of another international law firm where he also trained.
- A UK investment bank in relation to its English law securitization facility backed by New York law governed commercial real estate repo transactions facing a large U.S. private equity house.
- A European investment bank in relation to its repo-CMBS back-leverage facility with a large U.S. private equity house.
- A UK investment bank in relation to its CMBS facility backed by English law governed commercial real estate repo transactions facing a U.S. REIT.
- A UK investment bank in relation to its bilateral repurchase back-leverage facility with a U.S. investment fund.
- A US asset manager in relation to a commercial real estate financing facility with a U.S. investment bank.
- A bondholder group composed of holders of senior notes issued by DTEK Finance PLC.
- Investment funds on various bids to acquire pools of owner-occupied and buy-to-let mortgage loans funded by stapled securitizations.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- The University of Nottingham, B.A. (Hons), Politics, 2009
- University of Law, LL.B., 2014
- England and Wales