Tom Caster primarily represents funds and other buy-side parties on a wide range of financial products often involving securitizations and other structured financings, as well as more general finance matters. He has particular experience advising investment funds in connection with the acquisition and financing of portfolios of performing and non-performing financial assets held or originated by banks across Europe.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Caster was an associate at another international law firm where he also trained.
- Investment funds on a bid to acquire two separate pools of buy-to-let mortgage loans from Bradford & Bingley with a face value of approximately £12 billion funded by a stapled securitization.
- An investment fund on a bid to acquire two separate pools of buy-to-let and owner-occupied mortgage loans with a face value over £5.3 billion funded by a stapled securitization.
- An investment fund on a bid to acquire loan portfolios with a face value of over £4.9bn originated by banks controlled by UKAR.
- A fund on a bid to acquire a portfolio of €1.5 billion face value non-performing loans originated by Alpha Bank and secured against the assets of Greek SMEs.
- A fund on a bid to acquire a portfolio of non-performing loans from National Bank of Greece marketed under the label "Project Symbol."
- A fund on a bid to acquire the subordinated tranches of Eurobank’s Pillar Finance €2 billion face value non-performing loan securitization.
- Pine River on its investment in a portfolio of 37,000 performing and non-performing loans acquired from the administrators of failed Lithuanian bank, Snoras.
- A fund on the sale of its secured debt and equity stakes in a Slovenian NPL company.
- Invel Real Estate on the financing of its acquisition of a significant interest in a publicly listed Greek property owning REIT.
- Cairn Capital Limited as arranger in relation to a commercial mortgage debt repackaging programme.
- An alternative capital provider in relation to a credit agreement secured on cashflows stemming from property management fee income across Europe.
- A private equity fund on its financing of an £80 million acquisition of a large residential development site.
- Tricadia Capital Management, LLC in relation to a warehouse credit facility for Irish commercial mortgage loans.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- The University of Nottingham, B.A. (Hons), Politics, 2009
- University of Law, LL.B., 2014
- England and Wales