A global CMBS partner
We help our clients innovate and execute their transactions efficiently and effectively. We provide best in class service across all asset categories and securitization technologies, including CMBS and CRE CLOs, warehouse facilities, cash and synthetic transactions and on the purchase and sale of pools of loans and other financial assets. We advise our clients on strategic transactions and dispute resolution across the commercial real estate finance space and around the world.
As the real estate market changes, our clients depend on Dechert’s deep knowledge of these complex transactions to advantageously work out and restructure complicated deals. The CRE loans Dechert originates for clients are some of the largest and most complex in the marketplace, structured to be split and sold to dozens of investors. Our CMBS and origination teams work seamlessly together on a wide range of financial instruments including whole mortgage loans, senior, subordinate and pari passu notes and participations, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, syndicated loans, commercial mortgage-backed securities and commercial real estate collateralized debt obligations.
Expertise in all aspects of a transaction
Dechert lawyers represent clients in all aspects of a transaction, including preparation of bid letters, negotiation of confidentiality agreements, securitization disclosure and operative documents, such as pooling and servicing agreements and mortgage loan purchase agreements and investor certifications, pool and loan level due diligence. We tailor our scope and level of review to accommodate our clients.
Our most recent industry recognition includes:
- Ranked Band 1 for Securitization: CRE CLOs by Chambers and Partners USA.
- Ranked by Chambers and Partners USA as a leading firm for Capital Markets: Securitization with areas of strength across ABS, CLO, CMBS and CRE CLO transactions.
- Ranked as a top law firm for Nationwide Real Estate, New York Real Estate Finance and Pennsylvania Real Estate Finance by Chambers and Partners USA.
- Ranked Tier 1 for Real Estate: Finance by The Legal 500 US.
- Ranked for Structured Finance: Securitization in The Legal 500 US.
- Named a "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year" at the Law360 Practice Groups of the Year Awards.
- Named a "Structured Finance Practice Group of the Year" at the Law360 Practice Groups of the Year Awards.
- Commercial Mortgage Alert named Dechert the "Top Issuers’ Counsel for U.S. CRE CLOs by Deal Volume and Deal Count."
- Ranked by IFLR1000 as a leading firm in the United Kingdom for Structured Finance: Securitization.