Bishoy Eskander focuses his practice on banking and finance with an emphasis on multi-jurisdictional acquisition and leveraged finance transactions. Mr. Eskander has broad experience acting for financial institutions, direct lending funds, sponsors and corporate borrowers across a wide range of syndicated, bilateral and club financings, including advising on complex senior, super senior, mezzanine and PIK debt structures. Mr. Eskander is listed in The Legal 500 UK, 2021, for acquisition finance.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Eskander served as a managing associate in the leveraged finance group at another global law firm in London.
Financial Sponsors and Borrowers
- One Equity Partners as financial sponsor on debt financing for its acquisition of the Brush Group, an independent provider of equipment, services and solutions for electrical power generation and distribution.
- Further Global Capital Management, L.P. as financial sponsor on debt financing for its acquisition of AA Ireland Limited.
- ArchiMed as financial sponsor on the debt refinancing of its equity-funded acquisitions of Direct Healthcare Group and the European Patient Handling division of the Handicare group.
- Bridgepoint Capital as financial sponsor on debt financing arranged by a specialist asset manager for the purpose of refinancing high yield bonds issued by its portfolio company Care UK, the UK’s largest independent provider of health and social care services.
- Hg as financial sponsor on senior, super senior and PIK financing provided by a syndicate of lenders for its acquisition of the Combell Group, a leading Northwest Europe mass webhoster.
- Hg as financial sponsor on debt financing provided by a syndicate of lenders for its acquisition of Financial Express, a leading provider of investment data, research and software to the financial services industry in the UK.
- Anchorage Capital Group as financial sponsor on the refinancing of senior debt facilities arranged by Goldman Sachs on behalf of a syndicate of lenders for eir, the principal provider of fixed-line and mobile communications services in Ireland.
Private Credit Funds and other Lenders
- Baring Asset Management Limited on its provision of funding to support the acquisition of the CitNOW Group by Livingbridge Private Equity alongside the reinvestment by Tenzing Private Equity.
- Ares Management Limited on the provision of financing facilities to the Ocorian Group (an Inflexion Private Equity portfolio company) for its acquisition of Estera, a leading global provider of funds and trust services.
- Ares Management Limited on the provision of financing facilities to the Survitec Group (a Searchlight Capital Partners portfolio company) to refinancing existing debt and finance the acquisition of Hansen Protection.
- Ares Management Limited on the provision of financing facilities to the SmartWater Group (a Freshstream Investment Partners portfolio company) to refinance its existing debt.
- Blackstone Alternative Credit Advisors LP as direct lender on the provision of debt financing for GHO Capital Partners’ acquisition of ClearView Healthcare Partners, a leading life sciences strategic consultancy.
- Apollo Management International LLP and Investec Bank plc as senior lenders on debt financing for ICG’s acquisition of the Supporting Education Group, a leading UK education services platform.
- Barings Asset Management as direct lender on a unitranche financing package to support the acquisition by a private equity house of an outsourcing business.
- Blackrock as direct lender on a unitranche financing package to support the acquisition by a private equity house of a UK provider of communications and IT solutions
- CVC Credit Partners as direct lender on debt financing provided to a foreign exchange and derivatives brokerage firm to support business growth.
- Pemberton AM as direct lender on the provision of debt financing in support of Triton’s acquisition of the Sunweb Group, a leading European travel group.
- A syndicate of senior lenders on the provision of debt financing in support of KKR’s acquisition of Q-Park, a leading European car parking operator.
- Cerberus Capital Management as direct lender on the provision of debt financing in support of a Middle Eastern telecommunications company.
- The direct lender as arranger and original lender on the provision of debt financing for Apax’s acquisition of a majority stake in matchesfashion.com, a leading digitally innovative global luxury-fashion brand.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- The Law Society
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- University of New South Wales, LL.B., 2010
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Commerce, 2010, Distinction
- England and Wales
- New South Wales