Kevin Gibbs focuses his practice on trademark and copyright matters in the U.S. and abroad, including clearance, counseling, prosecution, licensing and enforcement.
Mr. Gibbs has represented a range of clients, from individuals and start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most well-known companies, across a variety of industries (finance, healthcare, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, fashion, professional sports, fitness, entertainment and media, insurance, emerging technology, cosmetics and consumer products, etc.).
In addition to his trademark and copyright practice, Mr. Gibbs also regularly advises clients on domain names and other internet-related matters, advertising, NIL (name, image and likeness) and right of publicity, intellectual property due diligence, and has experience drafting and negotiating intellectual property-related agreements.
Prior to joining Dechert, he was an associate for a national law firm handling intellectual property litigation and prosecution matters. His previous experience also includes working as quality assurance specialist at the Department of Defense’s Medical Division of DLA Troop Support. While in law school, Mr. Gibbs served as an intern for the presiding judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
- What In-House Counsel Needs to Know About Copyright Law – Association of Corporate Counsel – NCR (2021)
- Intellectual Property Essentials for Engineers – Half Moon CE Seminars (2019)
- Philadelphia University, B.S.E., Mechanical Engineering, 2013, magna cum laude
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., 2018, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholar
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania