- A major pharmaceutical company as national coordinating and trial counsel in numerous large product liability and consumer fraud litigations, including most recently, separate MDLs involving antidepressant and cholesterol-lowering medications in which our lawyers secured MDL-wide summary judgment based on successful Daubert motions. In both cases, the Daubert and summary judgment rulings were affirmed on appeal and resulted in the complete dismissal of all of the individual lawsuits in these MDLs. See In re Lipitor (Atorvastatin Calcium) Mktg., Sales Practices & Prod. Liab. Litig. (No II) MDL 2502, 892 F.3d 624 (4th Cir. 2018); In re Zoloft (Sertraline Hydrochloride) Prod. Liab. Litig., 858 F.3d 787 (3d Cir. 2017).
- A major pharmaceutical company as national counsel in lawsuits in a federal MDL and in state courts across the country concerning its prescription opioid pain medications, including OxyContin.
- A major pharmaceutical company in a significant victory when a federal district court dismissed with prejudice an entire MDL on a motion to dismiss. Plaintiffs were third-party payors who sought to recover payments for alleged improper off-label prescriptions of anemia medications. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed.
- A pharmaceutical and biotechnology company as U.S. national counsel regarding any product liability issues relating to its COVID-19 vaccine.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., 1998, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York University, M.U.P., 2001
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2005, Stone Scholar, Managing Editor of Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit