Eric Hilmo’s practice focuses on representation of secured and unsecured creditors, bondholder groups, bank groups, and debtors in large-scale restructurings and reorganizations and in non-judicial workouts throughout the United States and internationally.
Mr. Hilmo is recognized for financial restructuring by The Legal 500 US.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Hilmo served as an associate in the restructuring and insolvency departments of other national and international law firms. Mr. Hilmo also served as an officer in the United States Air Force attaining the rank of Captain.
- The Revolving and Letter of Credit Agent in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of McDermott International Inc.
- Lenders in connection with the out-of-court financial restructuring of a publicly-listed fashion and brand management company.
- The controlling shareholder in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Mattress Firm Inc.
- A foreign representative seeking Chapter 15 recognition via the UK scheme of arrangement of Stripes U.S. Holding Inc.
- Harvey Gulf, a Jones Act regulated marine transportation company, in connection with its Chapter 11 cases.
- An upstream E&P company in the out-of-court restructuring of its first lien debt obligations.
- Secured lenders in connection with their acquisition through Chapter 11 plan of Knight Energy Holdings LLC and certain of its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases.
- An ad hoc group of convertible noteholders in the prepackaged Chapter 11 case of Global Brokerage, Inc.
- Secured lenders in connection with their acquisition through a Chapter 11 plan of the casual restaurant chain Cosi, Inc.
- A master limited partnership principally engaged in owning and managing mineral reserve properties in connection with its out-of-court debt restructuring.
- Energy XXI, a publicly traded E&P company, in connection with its Chapter 11 cases.
- A global newsprint manufacturing company in connection with its various liability management and out-of-court restructuring transactions.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, B.S., Science and Technology in International Affairs, 2005, cum laude
- Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, M.A., U.S. National Security Policy, 2005
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude; Associate Editor - Fordham Law Review
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York