- Representing multiple foreign investors, including an Asian sovereign wealth fund before the CFIUS in connection with multiple investments in U.S. companies.
- Representing a private equity firm and telecommunications service provider before CFIUS.
- Advising foreign investors with respect to national security mitigation agreements with CFIUS Monitoring Agencies.
- Conducting an anti-bribery investigation in Asia on behalf of a publicly-traded industrial company.
- Conducted an export compliance investigation in China for multiple publicly-traded high technology companies.
- Conducted an investigation regarding anti-corruption, export controls, sanctions matters for a multinational network infrastructure and cloud service provider company.
- Advised a publicly-traded satellite technology company on compliance with global export control, sanctions, and anti-bribery laws.
- Conducted an internal investigation in response to a whistleblower report alleging anti-bribery violations on behalf of a publicly-traded high technology company.
- Building a risk-based compliance program for anti-corruption compliance for multiple publicly-traded life sciences companies.
- Conducted anti-bribery investigations in various Latin American countries on behalf of a publicly-traded medical device company.
- Negotiated settlement agreements with the U.S. Treasury Department related to violations of economic sanctions on behalf of multiple publicly-traded companies.
- Conducted an internal investigation and negotiated resolution with multiple U.S. government agencies (OFAC and BIS) of violations of export controls and economic sanctions by two major Middle Eastern airlines.
- Negotiated a penalty settlement regarding violations of defense-related export controls with the State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) on behalf of a publicly-traded high technology company.
- Represented multiple senior officials of a Russian telecommunications company in connection with a U.S. Government investigation of violations of U.S. anti-bribery laws.
- Represented companies and individuals in connection with investigations and suspension and debarment matters before the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the World Bank.
- Conducted an anti-corruption risk assessment and internal investigation for a major global pharmaceutical company with respect to operations in China and Russia.
- Advising various multinationals with respect to sufficiency of compliance policies and procedures and suggested improvements reflecting risk assessments and global best practices.
- Advising multiple universities with investigating potential corruption-related misconduct and providing recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Conducting international trade compliance due diligence in connection with corporate transactions involving sellers and buyers in a broad range of industries, including the information technology, semiconductor, travel, manufacturing, financial services, and telecommunications sectors.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
Received "High Honors" award in recognition of providing 100 hours or more of pro bono service in 2021 by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- US & International Anti-Bribery Law & Compliance Practice — The Washington College of Law, Summer Program (June 1-5, 2020)
- American Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association
- American Society of International Law
- Rice University, B.A., 2008, magna cum laude
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2011, Editor in Chief of the Harvard Human Rights Journal
- District of Columbia