Kristen A. Imbesi is an associate in Dechert’s global finance practice. Ms. Imbesi focuses her practice in commercial real estate finance with concentrations in origination, acquisition, syndication and disposition of mortgage loans, construction financing, mezzanine financings and subordinate debt, post-closing modifications and loan sales and purchases. She has represented a number of investment banks, commercial banks, life insurance companies and institutional investors on a wide variety of commercial real estate properties, including office buildings, hotels, retail properties and condominium properties. She also has experience in joint venture investments and ground lease transactions.
Ms. Imbesi was previously an associate in the commercial transactions group at another law firm where she had experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, cross-border transactions, and the formation, structuring and operation of limited partnerships, general partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with the origination and disposition of two mortgage loans and one mezzanine loan in the aggregate amount of US$530 million secured by two hotels located in two states.
- Represented a multi-national bank in connection with the origination and disposition of a US$314 million financing secured by 13 hotel properties across 11 states.
- Represented two U.S. banks in connection with the origination and disposition of a US$1.85 billion financing secured by a resort and casino located in the Bahamas. The mortgage loan was later securitized in a single-asset, stand-alone transaction.
- Represented a U.S. bank in connection with the origination of a US$365 million mortgage loan secured by a multi-story office building in Manhattan. The loan was later securitized in a single-asset, stand-alone transaction.
- Represented a U.S. bank in connection with the origination and disposition of a mortgage loan and two mezzanine loans in the aggregate amount of US$305 million secured by a multi-story mixed use building in Manhattan.
Through the Green Looking-Glass: A Lender's Guide to New York City's Local Law 97 - Lexology (reprint - October 5, 2023)
- Delaware Bar Association 2015 – present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association 2016 – present
- Boston University, B.A., Political Science, 2012, cum laude, Honors Program
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2015, cum laude