Magdalene Lam is an associate in Dechert’s financial services group. Ms. Lam focuses her practice on advising registered investment companies, including mutual funds and exchange-traded funds, and their advisers and independent trustees on a variety of regulatory, compliance and business matters.
Prior to attending Columbia Law School, Ms. Lam interned for Singaporean law firms and pro bono organizations. While attending Columbia Law School, Ms. Lam was the Head Articles Editor of the Columbia Journal of European Law and interned for the United Nations Mine Action Services (Geneva).
- Immigration legal aid – Regularly work with community partners to secure lawful immigration status for those seeking asylum, having left their home countries to escape religious, political and other forms of persecution.
- International human rights law research – Regularly collaborate with international and local partners to conduct comparative law research on prevalent human rights matters, including the right to information and sexual and reproductive health rights.
- 501(c)(3) – Assist 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations with restructuring and dissolution.
- Voting rights hotline – Worked with the Michigan Election Protection Hotline during the 2022 election to answer queries from the public regarding voting rights.
- The “Limited” Assistance of Foreign Jurisprudence in Singapore: Lessons from India and the United States on Sexuality and Governance, 4 Colum. J. Gender & L. 1 (2022)
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3835
+1 212 698 3599
- University College London, L.L.B., 2022
- Columbia University, J.D., 2022, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2022 Columbia Public Interest Honoree
- New York
- Mandarin (simplified)