Frank Mastroianni represents private equity sponsors and operating companies on complex transactions and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, carve-out transactions and other transformative capital events. His experience extends across a wide range of industry sectors, including technology, financial services, mining, manufacturing and consumer discretionary.
Mr. Mastroianni began his legal career at a multinational law firm in Sydney, Australia. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Mastroianni was an associate in the San Francisco office of an international law firm. Mr. Mastroianni is admitted in Australia only; he is not admitted in California.
- Footprint Inc. on its proposed US$1.6 billion business combination with Gores Holdings VIII, Inc. (Nasdaq: GIIXU, GIIX and GIIXW).
- K1 Investment Management on the acquisition by its portfolio company ComplySci of RIA in a Box, a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of compliance, cybersecurity, and operational software solutions to the wealth management industry.
- K1 Investment Management on the acquisition by its portfolio company ComplySci of illumis, a premier provider of data aggregator and technology provider to financial services firms to identify and mitigate risk from employee political contributions.
- Vista Equity Partners on an investment by BC Partners in its portfolio company EAB, a leading provider of subscription-based research, software and technology-enabled services to the higher education industry.
- Pritzker Private Capital on the approximately US$155 million acquisition by its portfolio company Vertellus of specialty ingredients businesses from Chemtrade.
- FFL Partners on its US$337 million sale of Bacharach to MSA Safety (NSYE: MSA).
- Gryphon Investors on its acquisition of a majority stake in the ServiceNow division of Highmetric from The Acacia Group.
- Next Capital on its A$250 million sale of Funlab, Australia’s leading out-of-home entertainment business, to TPG Capital.
- Next Capital and The Silverfern Group on their joint acquisition of Eptec, an Australian-based specialist engineering contractor, from Alceon Group.
- VGI Partners on its A$368.9 million initial public offering and listing of the investment manager on the ASX.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Macquarie University, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Commerce, Finance Major, 2017, Honors
- University of Vienna, International Law Scholarship Exchange Program, 2013
- Admitted in Australia only; not admitted in California