Helen McCormack is an Associate in Dechert’s financial services group. She advises on the formation, structuring, ongoing maintenance and closure of various funds, management companies and MiFID investment firms domiciled in/carrying on business in Ireland. This work has provided Ms. McCormack with experience in a broad range of asset classes and vehicle structures.
In 2022, she completed a secondment with a large third-party management company and assisted with an extensive project involving its appointment as management company/AIFM to several UCITS and AIF platforms respectively. Ms. McCormack also served as the secretary of Irish Funds’ ESG Working Group from 2020-2022.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. McCormack worked in the asset management department of Ireland’s largest law firm from 2018-2022. Ms. McCormack also gained experience as an intern/graduate in several leading Irish corporate law firms, and in a leading USA-based firm specializing in SEC/securities law litigation and dispute resolution.
- A large management company in relation to its Irish UCITS and AIF umbrellas, and ongoing corporate governance and structuring requirements.
- A large third-party management company in relation to its appointment as management company/AIFM to several UCITS and AIF platforms respectively.
- Discrete advises regarding Irish depositary / custodial laws for a high-profile securities law case in Japan.
- Several limited partnership funds on their establishment, international structuring and maintenance.
- Various international technology companies regarding tax planning and corporate structuring.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Arts / Education – provided classes to undergraduate music students in the Royal Irish Academy of Music on business acumen and law.
- Law Society of Ireland
- 100 Women in Finance
- Harvard Club of Ireland
- Trinity Women Graduates
- Trinity Women in Law Mentorship Program (Mentor)
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Trinity College Dublin, LL.B., Law and Political Science, 2016, 1.1.
- Harvard University Extension School, Intellectual Property Law Certificate, 2017
- Law Society of Ireland, FE1s, Professional Practice Course (PPC1 and PPC2), 2020, Overend Scholar (highest overall marks in Ireland in final examinations), Company Law Scholarship (highest marks in Ireland in company law final examination), Criminal Law Scholarship (highest marks in Ireland in criminal law final examination)