Kathleen M. Mylod is a partner in Dechert’s global finance practice, advising on a range of commercial real estate finance matters. Ms. Mylod’s clients include private equity and sovereign wealth funds, investment and commercial banks, and large insurance companies across the United States.
Ms. Mylod’s practice focuses on mortgage and mezzanine debt origination; intercreditor, co-lender and participation arrangements; equity investment and joint venture formation; preferred equity financing; real property acquisition, disposition and asset management; secondary market acquisition and sales (including mortgage and mezzanine loans); and loan modifications, restructurings, workouts and enforcement actions. She advises clients investing in a variety of commercial real estate asset classes, whether stabilized or transitional, including hospitality, retail, multifamily, office and condominium.
- A sovereign wealth fund in its disposition of three trophy hospitality assets located in the United States, valued at US$1 billion.
- A series of real estate debt investment funds over a six-year period making mezzanine loans behind CMBS mortgage loans, secured by a variety of asset classes located throughout the United States.
- An insurance company in connection with the establishment and maintenance of its mortgage loan origination platform over a five-year period.
- An institutional investor in connection with its US$350 million financing of an eight-property multifamily portfolio.
- A private equity investor in connection with a series of US$100 million mortgage loans secured by properties throughout the United States.
- An investment fund in connection with multiple preferred equity and joint venture investments on multifamily, office and light industrial assets located throughout the United States.
- An institutional lender and preferred equity investor in connection to working out certain loan and equity investments, including a voluntary deed-in-lieu, the exercise of joint venture remedies and various loan modifications.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- America's Leading Lawyers: Real Estate – Chambers USA 2019
- Recipient of CREW Network 2016 Certificate in Leadership
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- CREW - Connecticut: Board Member and Past-President (2018-present)
- CREW Network - Delegate (2020)
- The Governor's Prevention Partnership: Board Member (2018-2021)
- St. Thomas the Apostle School: Home/School Association Board Member and Past President (2016-2021)
- Greater Hartford Legal Aid Pardon Clinic Participant (2020)
- Lawyers for Good Government COVID-19 Small Business remote Legal Clinic Participant (2020)
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1997, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Columbia University, M.S.W., 2001
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- New York