Kay V. Morley is a partner in Dechert’s global financial restructuring group, advising stakeholders on all aspects of insolvency and corporate restructuring with a particular focus on European special situations and complex cross-border restructurings. Ms. Morley’s clients include hedge funds and other distressed investors, advising them on the acquisition of loan portfolios and the implementation of "loan to own" strategies. She also regularly provides advice to debtors in distress and private equity portfolio companies and represents insolvency practitioners in domestic and offshore situations.
Ms. Morley is consistently recommended by Chambers UK and The Legal 500 UK in corporate restructuring and insolvency, in addition to being recognized as a “notable practitioner” by the International Law Review. Most recently, she has been noted for her expertise in corporate restructuring and insolvency by The Legal 500 UK 2022.
- HNA Ecological Technology Group on the cross-border restructuring of the air freight and logistics business, Swissport.
- L Brands, Inc. in its partnership with Next PLC for its company-owned Victoria's Secret business in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Colin Hardman and Kevin Ley of Smith & Williamson in their capacity as joint administrators of The Raphael Medical Centre Limited (in administration) and Glenside Manor Healthcare Services Limited (in administration) in connection with the pre-pack sale of the companies' businesses and assets.
- Lucid Trustee Services Limited, as agent and security agent, in connection with the £450 million debt and equity restructuring of the Survitec Group, a specialist in the manufacturing of survival and safety solutions in the marine, defense, aviation, and offshore industries in various jurisdictions.
- Matthew Smith and Neville Kahn of Deloitte LLP in their capacity as joint administrators of European paper business Paperlinx on the administration and subsequent sale of the Paperlinx business.
- An ad hoc group of senior lenders on the US$1 billion restructuring of the Syncreon group, which was implemented using an English scheme of arrangement.
- Triton on the US$1 billion restructuring of German industrial group Galapagos group.
- An ad hoc committee of senior noteholders on the restructuring of Algeco.
- A leading financial institution on the US$1 billion restructuring of Russian railcar operator, Brunswick Rail.
- BVI liquidators on the restructuring and subsequent sale of a US$1 billion private equity fund with assets in Russia, Georgia and the Balkans.
- Liquidators appointed in Saint Vincent, the Grenadines and St. Lucia on the insolvency of hotel group Harlequin.
- FTI as receivers on the sale of the Whitgift shopping center.
- A leading U.S. investment manager on the acquisition and subsequent restructure of certain loans provided to the Cosgrave Property Group.
- Bain Capital and Canyon Capital on the acquisition and restructuring of Q Hotels.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Bristol, LL.B. (Hons), 1997
- University of Bristol, LL.M., 1998
- The College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course, 2000