Matthias Meinert focuses his practice on finance law matters around investment funds, asset managers, fund advisers, financial institutions and investors. He advises clients on the structuring, formation and distribution of investment funds as well as on regulatory compliance and investment tax questions.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Meinert was an in-house lawyer at the investment management company, PIMCO, and at a German fund management company (Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft). He started his career in the financial services tax practice group of a leading audit company.
Furthermore, Mr. Meinert is qualified as a certified Compliance Officer (Univ.).
- Rubinstein & Schmiedel on the structuring and launch of their first regulated crypto trading investment fund.
- Rudy Capital on the structuring and initial issuance of debt instruments linked to a portfolio of crypto assets.
- Union Investment on the establishment of “UniAlternativ: Privatmarkt ELTIF A”, a European long-term investment fund (ELTIF) aimed at retail investors in Germany. The fund provides access to three key private markets strategies: infrastructure, private debt and private equity assets throughout Europe and the U.S.
- The Incompatibility of lump sum taxation of income from investment funds with EU Law [„Unionsrechtswidrigkeit der Pauschalbesteuerung von Investmentfondserträgen“] - NWB, 416-426 (2015, together with RA/StB Christian Ebner)
- Federal Ministry of Finance on income from so-called non-transparent investment funds [„BMF zu Einkünften aus sog. intransparenten Investmentfonds“] - NWB, 1325-1329 (2015)
- Investment Tax Reform: Discussion Draft of the BMF on the non-transparent taxation of investment funds [„Investmentsteuerreform: Diskussionsentwurf des BMF zur intransparenten Besteuerung von Investmentfonds”] - NWB, 2416-2420 (2015)
- University of Regensburg, First State Examination in Law (Erste Juristische Prüfung), Diploma of Law (Dipl.-Jur. Univ.), 2009, including study abroad at Moscow State University, Faculty of Law as lecturer and tutor of German Law
- Higher Regional Court Nuremberg, Second State Examination (Zweites Staatsexamen), Postgraduate Clerkship/Judicial Service Training (Rechtsreferendariat), 2011
- University of Augsburg, Certified Compliance Officer (Univ.), 2018