Mr. Nassau has led teams on hundreds of complex corporate transactions across a wide range of industry sectors, including technology, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, retail and financial services.
Representative matters include advising:
- Stripes Group on the sale of its portfolio company Audio Network Limited to Entertainment One Limited.
- Graham Partners, a middle market private equity firm, on numerous buyout and exit transactions, including, most recently, its: acquisitions of Nuconic Packaging, LLC, OptConnect, LLC, EasyPak, LLC, and Tray-Pak Corporation; acquisition and sale of Infiltrator Systems to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan; acquisition and sale of Tidel Engineering after only a two-year holding period; acquisition and sale of Henry Company to American Securities; and acquisition and sale of HemaSource Holdings to Ridgemont Equity Partners.
- Independent directors of Entercom Communications Corp, an American broadcasting company, in a tax free merger with CBS Radio Inc., a radio broadcasting company owned by CBS Corporation.
- Stripes Group, a growth equity firm, on numerous investments, such as: Blue Apron, GoFundMe, Califia Farms, Craftsy, Udemy, Turtle Beach Corporation (and its subsequent reverse merger with Parametric Sound Corporation), Refinery29, The BlackTux, eMarketer (and its subsequent sale to Axel Springer), Upwork, GrubHub, AudioNetwork, Kareo, Sandata, Ketra Lighting, Netbiscuits (representing its first foreign investment), Stella & Chewy’s and Levain Bakery.
- Actua Corporation in connection with its separate agreements to sell its three majority-owned businesses, including VelocityEHS, Bolt Solutions, and FolioDynamix, for an aggregate of US$549 million in cash.
- Versa Capital Management, a private equity firm focused on distressed investments, on several transactions, including its acquisition of Bob’s Stores from The TJX Companies, Inc., its acquisition of Canada-based Allen-Vanguard Corporation (TSX: VRS), its acquisition of Ohio Community Media, LLC, its acquisition of Eastern Mountain Sports, and its acquisition of Silver Airways.
- Intellon Corporation and its Board of Directors on the US$244 million sale of Intellon, a publicly-traded provider of integrated circuits, to Atheros Communications, Inc.
- The Special Committee of Arrow International, Inc., a manufacturer of catheter-based therapeutic products and cardiac assist medical devices, on its US$2 billion merger with Teleflex Incorporated and the proxy contest to elect directors to the Arrow board.
- RAF Industries, Inc. on numerous transactions, including its acquisition and subsequent disposition of WI Holdings (“Weldship”) to a subsidiary of Markel Corporation, its acquisition of Steamaster Co., and Milspray LLC.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1976, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A., 1976, Benjamin Franklin Scholar
- Penn State University, The Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1979, magna cum laude, Managing Editor of the Dickinson Law Review (1978-1979)