Omoz Osayimwese focuses his practice on matters relating to the formation and operation of private equity funds, other closed-end investment funds and alternative asset management businesses. Mr. Osayimwese leads Dechert’s U.S. private investment funds practice. Mr. Osayimwese also has substantial experience representing clients in the formation and operation of hedge funds and hybrid funds. Investment funds that Mr. Osayimwese has represented on formation matters cover a range of strategies, including buyouts, distressed debt, special situations, real estate, credit, structured products, shareholder activism, multi-strategy and insurance.
Mr. Osayimwese maintains a broad practice, also advising private equity firms and hedge fund managers on minority stakes acquisitions, spin-outs, joint ventures, restructurings and secondaries transactions; investors in the negotiation of seed-capital transactions; and sponsors in the structuring of complex carry-sharing arrangements among principals and employees.
Mr. Osayimwese has been recognized in The Legal 500 (US) in the area of private equity funds. His writing on investment and funds management has appeared in publications, including Law360, LexisNexis and Private Funds Management.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Osayimwese was a partner at another global law firm.
- MiddleGround Partners in connection with the launch of its business and the closing of its initial middle-market buyout fund
- Large distressed debt investment firm in connection with the closing of various distressed debt investment funds
- Global investment bank in connection with establishment of various joint ventures and the launching various investment funds
- Principals of new investment firm in connection with spin out from global commercial bank
- Strategic alliance between an institutional manager and a boutique investment firm
- Large institutional investor in connection with the various fund investments, fund of ones, managed accounts and joint ventures
- The Evolution of Private Credit: Strategies Driving Growth and Scale — 2021 Permanent & Private Capital Summit, Virtual Conference (June 2-3, 2021)
- U.S. Private Funds - Liquidity Considerations in Stressed Markets — Dechert LLP, COVID-19 Coronavirus Business Impact Webinar (April 14, 2020)
- Secondary Transaction Basics and Recent Market Trends — Dechert LLP, Webinar (March 11, 2020)
- "Trends in Fund Governance & Economics” — FEA Private Equity Meeting (March 2016)
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1996, Summa Cum Laude
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1999
- New York