Leigh H. Pisane Cortez is an associate in Dechert’s global finance practice. Ms. Pisane Cortez focuses her practice in the area of commercial real estate finance. She represents banks and institutional lenders in connection with CMBSs and balance sheet loan originations secured by a wide variety of commercial real estate properties, including office buildings, hotels, retail properties, condominiums and multifamily properties. Ms. Pisane Cortez also advises on leasehold financing, mezzanine loans, loan participations and syndications.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Pisane Cortez worked as a senior attorney in the real estate finance practice group of another international law firm where she had experience representing banks and institutional lenders in connection with commercial mortgage loan originations, servicing matters, loan workouts and restructuring, as well as all aspects of the sale of bank owned real estate including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements.
Additionally, Ms. Pisane Cortez has experience representing boards of condominium, cooperative and homeowner associations in connection with various matters such as financing transactions, zoning and land use, corporate and litigation matters.
- An international bank in connection with a US$525 million multi-state SASB commercial mortgage loan origination secured by 48 properties located across 27 states.
- A national bank in connection with a US$85 million balance sheet loan origination secured by a retail shopping center in Virginia.
- An institutional lender in connection with a US$65 million mortgage loan origination secured by a hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
- An institutional lender in connection with a US$21 million leasehold mortgage loan origination secured by a leasehold interest in a commercial condominium unit in the state of Washington.
- A national bank in connection with the US$4.3 million sale of a bank owned commercial condominium unit in the Gem Building in New York City.
- A national bank in connection with the workout restructuring of a defaulted mortgage loan secured by a flagged hotel in Connecticut, as well as assistance to litigation counsel regarding the foreclosure of the asset and judgment against the personal guarantors.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm
- SUNY at Stony Brook, B.A., 1994
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2000, magna cum laude, St. John's University Law Review
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York